WNM

Went to drive the 8N out of the barn and I believe the clutch is stuck I know you can try try and free it by towing it in gear

My question is Should I pull the spark plugs prior to towing ?

Thanks

Went to drive the 8N out of the barn and I believe the clutch is stuck I know you can try try and free it by towing it in gear

My question is Should I pull the spark plugs prior to towing ?

Thanks
No but it is even better if you start it in gaer and drive it around and then always block the pedal down when parked

Tried driving it around already No luck but I will block the pedal for awhile

Thanks for the reply

While driving around with a stuck clutch, keep the clutch pedal depressed and stomp on the brakes on and off. If you're lucky the clutch will release. Then keep it blocked down whenever the tractor is sitting. May still need to replace the clutch at some point. Usually once they start sticking, they will stick again, and again.

Yes An R&R clutch job is what I'm hoping against but after 77yrs everything n everybody needs some maintenance

Thanks for the reply

No but it is even better if you start it in gaer and drive it around and then always block the pedal down when parked
Maybe it would help to explain how to start an 8N in gear. If it's being towed, that can lead to a disaster. If a second person is there to jump the solenoid that would be much better or clip on a jumper wire to the start lug and ground it while sitting on the tractor.

A little time in the sun, a stone on the clutch pedal and jumping on the brakes while driving down the road
All good! Thanks for the help

A little time in the sun, a stone on the clutch pedal and jumping on the brakes while driving down the road
From now on when you park it block the pedal down or it will happen again. My 8N I keep a cement block on it's pedal

GREAT to hear! Thanks for letting us know! Simple/no cost fixes are the best!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back