EV discussions

Are EV discussions now a prohibited topic? Or just the ones that go sideways?
I believe you will need to ask your question through the "Contact Us" button. YT Support (Chris) has posted numerous times he does not get involved in that part of things.

I was watching that thread and I felt like it was headed down the old "poof" path if it had continued.

• Haha
Reactions: RTR
Correct Jim. I closed the thead because it had several issues headed in an unfriendly direction.

Last edited:
Correct Jim. I closed the tread because it had several issues headed in an unfriendly direction.
Before the format change, there was a warning about absolutely no politics, religion , etc. discussions. Is that gone or still around somewhere?

Before the format change, there was a warning about absolutely no politics, religion , etc. discussions. Is that gone or still around somewhere?
Good point. It is when you start a thread but not above the posting window where it also needs to be. I will mention this to the team.

Hi! Good call out, you should now notice that I have added the same warning to the reply box below. Thank you for your input!

Lol! I just noticed that and thought: Huh, is that for Me? What did I do?

Then I realized it was probably a general warning.

Thanks.
HAHA, you are safe! Just a general warning/notice. We had it in other places on the site and it was a good suggestion to add here

I now see the warning in the reply box.
Actually it is below the reply box so I could type a reply and hit post reply without seeing the warning if I did not scroll down quite far enough.

But I can not find it any where on the main page when I try to start a new thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-07 113014.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 113014.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 15
Maybe print it in RED? Could it be re-positioned to immediately above the "Attach files" and "Post reply" boxes?

On another matter, the pop-up that indicates other posts have been made on a thread ( ...have been made. Do you want to view them?), when reading a thread, appear, on my computer, at least, as a red box with only slightly paler red verbiage. Can't read it at all. zuhnc

I now see the warning in the reply box.
Actually it is below the reply box so I could type a reply and hit post reply without seeing the warning if I did not scroll down quite far enough.

But I can not find it any where on the main page when I try to start a new thread.
John, neither Justin nor I could recreate this on desktop or phone. We might be looking in the wrong place. You said "Main Page" so we presumed it was the top level "Post" button that appears when you've clicked Forums. Is that where you weren't seeing the warning?

John, neither Justin nor I could recreate this on desktop or phone. We might be looking in the wrong place. You said "Main Page" so we presumed it was the top level "Post" button that appears when you've clicked Forums. Is that where you weren't seeing the warning?
Chris
If I am on any thread and try to post a reply I either go to the bottom of this thread or I hit the reply button in a previous post that automatically brings me to the bottom.
I can see the added rule in red.

If I want to start a new thread I can hit the red "Post Thread" at the top right of the page.
I have never used this button but tried it to see what it did.
I can see the added rule in red.

The way I have always started a new thread was to go to the top of the page.
It works in any forum but lets use sight comments for an example.
Just above the 5 sticky threads you have posted there is a box that says "Thread Title"
I can click in this box and the box will expand.
I can put the title in the box then move down a write a message.
If I post a new thread using this "Thread Title" box I never see the rule in red nowhere.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back