Farmall 300 w ta clutch adjustment

dewy

20240417_212808.jpg

I am not exactly sure what you are saying, but I think your confusion comes from you actual calling the working of the pedal by your leg as engaging the clutch or to you, engaging the clutch is pushing it down. In mechanical terminology the meaning they use refers to the action of the mechanical parts. The mechanical release of the clutch from being driven by the engine is disengaging the clutch. Engaging the clutch is when you release the pedal(let it move to the position it freely moves to by spring pressure) and the mechanical parts in the clutch grip the lined plate and drive it or engage rotating power to drive the transmission.
Editing to add: If you did not understand this, the instructions are written in “technical writing” or as I called it above “mechanical terminology” so the descriptions are of actions of the mechanical working parts of the tractor. NOT, in the terms of the actions of someone operating, manipulating or interacting with the machine.

Last edited:
Why do they say in the same sentence on free pedal,when clutch is fully engaged...free pedal is not engaged at all...that is confusing..is it me ...why are they even saying that am i missing something.....dewy
Your free play is the amount of travel the release brg has till it contacts the p p fingers. Then once u fully push on the pedal the clutch is disengaged. Pull on the pedal lightly with your finger and u will feel it when it wants to stop you need about 1 inch of this free travel. That’s of course doing it without a tight clutch meaning no free play. You do not want the fingers running on the brg at all when tractor is running wide open.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back