Ford 4610 lift arm levelling assembly rebuild

I have an old beat up ford 4610 that runs well and is very useful. However somewhere along the line the lift arm levelling assembly was replaced with chains instead of the forged arms that do the work of both vertical lifting and also positioning of the implement. The chains transmit lift but no stability and they need to go... On one side, the hydraulic lift arm knuckle pin has been replaced with bolt, but on the other side it is still a very stout pin that looks like it has been pressed into the holes and does not want to come out readily. THis needs to come out so I can install a new leveling arm assembly. Is there a trick to the removal of the pin? Do I remove the entire hydraulic lift arm (that attaches to the many splined shaft beneath the tractor seat), then drive it out with some heat? Thanks!

I would guess that it is a close fit pin with a cotter pin retainer. It is probably stuck from rust. Determine if it is stuck in the yoke, or the knuckle, then heat that point. If it won't move, yes you may have to remove the lift arm. Be careful you don't peen the end of the pin and swell it in the hole.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back