Hauling McCormick Deering 10 20

r jones 54

New User
I just bought a 29 McCormick Deering 10 20. Does anyone know if it can be hauled on a Uhaul car hauler trailer. It has the original steel wheels. I know the trailer will carry the load I just don't know if the wheels will fit in the rails. Thanks in advance for any help.

I just bought a 29 McCormick Deering 10 20. Does anyone know if it can be hauled on a Uhaul car hauler trailer. It has the original steel wheels. I know the trailer will carry the load I just don't know if the wheels will fit in the rails. Thanks in advance for any help.
A call to a U Haul dealer should answer your question.

U Haul will likely say NO.
Because their computer will not have a 10-20 tractor to chose as the hauled vehicle.
Almost all U-Haul dealers want to know the tow vehicle and the towed vehicle so that they can enter it into the computer.
And get a YES from the program.

You might find a small time dealer that will let you rent the trailer without asking for that info.

Or you can fudge it and say you are going to haul a 1953 Jeep CJ-3A which is 57 inches wide.
Tractordata says the 10-20 is 60 inches wide.

Last edited:
Hello rjones, welcome to YT! See if you can find an independent rental place it may cost a bit more but they may work with you better and not have an aluminum trailer that lugs on steel wheels will damage. Also give a location where to where maybe someone here may be willing to help you out. There is also a hauling board on here.
YT hauling board If you scroll down it you will see there are some guys offering to haul things. However, a non-running tractor can be difficult to get moved without a lot of additional expense.

I remember my son needing a trailer to pick up a Farmall H about 100 miles away. So I went with him to Uhaul to get a trailer, the young man said what kind of car are you using the trailer for? I said to him Farmall, he looked and looked and said I can't find that. I said it is like an MG just put that down and he did, that got us on the road and he was happy.

I hauled a 39 F 20 from Pa to NH using a U Haul trailer. Rear wheels were too wide so I took one off, cribbed up the axle, and drug it forward with a come along. No problems.

Thing is if something happens on the road and you told U Haul you were hauling something else. Well? Check with some hardware or equipment store rentals. They sometimes have trailers to rent.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back