JD 750 injector issues.

SFarr

New User
I have a JD 750, new to me. It’s been running great. Today, it started acting like it was running out of fuel and died. The fuel filter is clean and I’m getting fuel to the injector pump. I’m not getting any fuel to the injectors. Can anyone help?

I have a JD 750, new to me. It’s been running great. Today, it started acting like it was running out of fuel and died. The fuel filter is clean and I’m getting fuel to the injector pump. I’m not getting any fuel to the injectors. Can anyone help?
Wouldn't be the first time...fuel in the tank??

Make sure you really are getting fuel to the injector pump. My JD 1145 would run for up to 15 minutes then run out of fuel. When it quit the clear fuel filter canister would get air in it. After setting for a bit, I would bleed and it would run for a few minutes. This machine has dual separate tanks w/a valve to switch and it would act up with fuel in both tanks and no matter which position the valve was in. I figured the problem was part of the system common to both tanks. All new lines and a new lift pump did not solve the issue. Before I got into the injection pump, I pulled the pickup lines from both tanks (a real pain because they had to be removed from the machine). What I found was a tiny screen on the pickup line in both tanks plugged. A good cleaning and a better mouse trap solved my problem. You might want to try blowing air back into the tank and re-bleed. What flummoxed me was both tanks acted up within an hour of each other.
0404201002.jpg
1898.jpg
1899.jpg

Make sure you really are getting fuel to the injector pump. My JD 1145 would run for up to 15 minutes then run out of fuel. When it quit the clear fuel filter canister would get air in it. After setting for a bit, I would bleed and it would run for a few minutes. This machine has dual separate tanks w/a valve to switch and it would act up with fuel in both tanks and no matter which position the valve was in. I figured the problem was part of the system common to both tanks. All new lines and a new lift pump did not solve the issue. Before I got into the injection pump, I pulled the pickup lines from both tanks (a real pain because they had to be removed from the machine). What I found was a tiny screen on the pickup line in both tanks plugged. A good cleaning and a better mouse trap solved my problem. You might want to try blowing air back into the tank and re-bleed. What flummoxed me was both tanks acted up within an hour of each other.View attachment 67674View attachment 67675View attachment 67676
I had the exact same thing happen in my F935 several years ago.

To add to what the others have said, be SURE there's clean, pure diesel fuel in the tank, to be SURE someone hasn't added gasoline by accident.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back