Why is my 1976 510 john deere spinning over slow

That connection to the solenoid where the strap goes into the starter must be clean, tight, and not heating up. If the solenoid post or strap are burn and won't clean and tighten, they need to be replaced.

The difference between the voltage at the battery terminal of the solenoid when not cranking and then when cranking is called voltage drop. It gives an indication of system and starter condition. Include the voltage at the battery terminals before you start and after you finish the test as well. It is best you check and provide the readings you get. It is not a case where you are looking for readings given in a spec sheet. Check and post your results, so they can be evaluated.

Read the manual about servicing the fuel filter. Bleeding the system is part of the filter change process. If you changed the filter, then cranked it over, you likely have made bleeding harder/more extensive.

(quoted from post at 17:18:03 11/21/23)
That connection to the solenoid where the strap goes into the starter must be clean, tight, and not heating up. If the solenoid post or strap are burn and won't clean and tighten, they need to be replaced.

The difference between the voltage at the battery terminal of the solenoid when not cranking and then when cranking is called voltage drop. It gives an indication of system and starter condition. Include the voltage at the battery terminals before you start and after you finish the test as well. It is best you check and provide the readings you get. It is not a case where you are looking for readings given in a spec sheet. Check and post your results, so they can be evaluated.

Read the manual about servicing the fuel filter. Bleeding the system is part of the filter change process. If you changed the filter, then cranked it over, you likely have made bleeding harder/more extensive.

Thanks guys I'm going to try a few things this weekend hoping to get thing running

Hi guys I didn't get a chance last weekend to check a few thinking with the backhoe, but today I went to see about that lever that's on the left hand side and it was forwarded so that mean it's ingaged could be causing spinning over slow

(quoted from post at 22:42:46 12/23/23) Hi guys it's cold here now trying to get thatbackhoe going now is not going to e easy

The guys have suggested a number of things for you to check or do. You need to clearly tell us what things you have actually done and what the results of those actions were. Did you clean both ends of all the battery cables? Did you do the voltage drop tests? Did you get the starter rebuilt by a shop that does rebuilds (you quoted a price to have it done.) How the starter looks to you may not match what is found during a shop test and rebuild. You said it has lots of fuel in the tank, how old is the fuel tank? is it straight diesel or bio-diesel? You said you changed the filter, but didn't bleed the system? Have you since bled the system as described in the operator's Manual? Have you checked to see if fuel is getting to the injectors by loosening the nuts on the high-pressure lines at the injectors and cranking it over to see if fuel comes out?

And yes, the colder it gets the harder this will be. What is your general location? If the engine has an in the block or tank type coolant heater you should plug it in and warm the engine for a time before working on it.

Hi guys just a update I had starter rebuild, I have new positive, and negative cables to put back on the backhoe, here now we have cold weather -8 degrees lot of snow , I think the backhoe has a block warmer I'm not sure, the backhoe is still down my cousins place I wish I had it running and using it now move the snow I'm in Newfoundland Canada. I will keep u posted thanks guys

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back