Recent content by 520 pipefabricator

  1. 5

    Milling an 8n head

    Just going to satisfy my curiosity urge here and ask- how much could you safely deck a ford 8n head?
  2. 5

    high range engaged to run buzz saw?

    You can at lower RPM, but I wouldn't go over 540 PTO speed. I have seen this with cutting wheels on a grinder, ie 6" wheel on a 4 1/2" grinder. If you get that blade moving too fast, it will start to warp and twist.. Get it fast enough it WILL fail, hopefully not killing or maiming the operator...
  3. 5

    Coolant for TIG

    The water cooled torches are used where there is high amperage being used to weld thicker material, or longer weld time where the torch would get too hot to use. The next air cooled tig rig I see melt because of too much heat won't be the first
  4. 5

    Coolant for TIG

    Need to use a special coolant for tig torches. That technology has been around forever, and unfortunately you can't just use antifreeze
  5. 5

    Sherman backhoe packing nut

    ToH Would you feel comfortable using 6064 aluminum to make a packing nut? Brass would be $39 an inch for 3 1/2" round stock
  6. 5

    Sherman backhoe packing nut

    I'm mid project in repairing some VERY leaky swing cylinders. Would anyone happen to know where I could find some packing nuts for these cylinders?
  7. 5

    Mowing with an 8N

    Not a huge fan if the side discharge though
  8. 5

    Mowing with an 8N

    I have a landpride at72 I use for my grass, all 3/4 acre. It does a decent job for what it is, although it bogs the tractor when the grass gets too high and thick
  9. 5

    641 sheet metal

    Hi guys I'm in the process of acquiring a 641 power Master tractor that had been in a barn fire. Gonna need lots if TLC for sure! First step to me would be to source all of my parts, which brings me to the sheet metal. Who would have it? Every place I've checked is out of stock on the new...
  10. 5

    Plowing with the N

    I'm looking in to buying a plow for my N. I know they were designed for a 2 bottom plow, but I have also seen a fair amount if single bottom plows. Can anyone provide some insight on to the pros and cons of each? Thanks!
  11. 5

    Aftermarket 8n rear hubs

    Anyone have an opinion on the 8n aftermarket rear hubs? Both of mine are worn to the point that the top of my tires will move 1/2-3/4" if not more
  12. 5

    Its stuck!!!

    Lots of penetrating oil and heat. If it still doesn't come off, I'd cut and replace if you can find one. I reccomended this stuff to another fella. I've used this stuff at coal plants and a paper mill on some seriously corroded flange bolts and they broke free after sitting long enough...
  13. 5

    Seized 8n update

    After rereading your post, I'd almost suggest splitting the tractor so you can unbolt the main and rod bearings and beat the old pistons and sleeves out with the trusty BFH. Those sleeves are replaceable so the issues with boring are totally avoided. Might as well inspect the valve train and...
  14. 5

    Have to use choke

    may be running a tad lean on your fuel...
  15. 5

    Hydro oil for an 8N

    Either 80w-90 gear oil or the TSC ford spec mineral oil. Read up on the 50 tips for owning a N; great info!
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top