Recent content by AJB-450

  1. A

    Found the problem

    Same thing happened to me on my dad's 400 back in about 1960 when I was in HS. Was plowing in some red clay with our 311 plow and needed to lift the plow. Camshaft broke and the engine stopped. Our local IH dealer actually had two camshafts in stock and they had it fixed the next day. I...
  2. A

    Question for pos/neg ground

    My 400 that my dad bought used in 1965 is also 12-volt positive ground with a 12-volt generator. I believe a lot of 400s got converted to 12-volts with generators before alternators became common. And yes, my MD and 650-D also came from the factory with 12-volt generators and positive ground. Al
  3. A

    Thinking about planting, yea the Gurney catalog came!

    That looks like the same planter my dad bought new from Panosh Motors in Kewaunee around 1955. I might still have the owners manual for it. We pulled ours with our VAC case. We used it until my dad sold the cows in 1975. Would you know the model number of it? Al
  4. A

    300u block heater

    Thanks for reposting the pictures. I was not sure how to do this on the new forum. Al
  5. A

    300u block heater

    Dave, You posted me a note today if I could send you a picture of the block heater installed on my 300 Utility. On Jan 13, 2016, I posted some pictures of the block heater on my 300 Utility. If you search for "AJB-830" and "Block Heater" you should be able to get it. They were still there...
  6. A

    IH 315 Combine Pictures

    David, I believe the 205 is basicly and updated 203. Our neighbor had a 203 and the major difference was the 203 had a 4 cyl engine and our 205 has a 6 cylinder. It is 221 cu inch gas which I believe is the same as in a 460 tractor. Not sure what the 203 evolved from as I think it was the 1st...
  7. A

    IH 315 Combine Pictures

    Someone wanted to see pictures of an IH 315 combine. Here are the pictures Tom Graham sent me of his 315. Also pictures of my 205 which is similar but I beleive a smaller machine. Hope this is useful. Al
  8. A

    What is a 315 IH combine?

    Tom, I would like to see a picture of your 315 so I could compare it to my 205. If you email me a picture, I can post it. Al
  9. A

    What is a 315 IH combine?

    I believe the 315 is basicly and updated 205. I have seen one and it looked almost like my 205. I think it had a larger engine and the radiator/fan was mounted behind the engine. Like the 205, it did have the swing out grain bin that you can't open unless it is empty. My 205 is a 1972, last...
  10. A

    4010D 24V Starter Right Battery Draw

    You probably have a small leakage from metal flakes comming off the starter brushes. My 24-volt JD 830 would discharge one battery over several months too. It measured a few milli-amps too but don"t remember how many. A friend familiar with this system said this is a common problem on the 24...
  11. A

    what to use to transport/store grain

    Wally, I hobby farm and grow about 1,000 bu soft red wheat and 2,000 bu oats. I have 4 smaller gravity box wagons (165 to 200 bu) and haul my grain to the elevator about 3 miles away. Very hard to store wheat off the combine in my area without drying as it almost never gets down to 13%...
  12. A

    1959 JD730 D

    I had the same problem when I replaced the fuel filter on my electric start 830 last year. Got mine to go by belting it to another tractor and turning it with the bleed plugs removed. Once fuel came out the bleed plugs, tightened them up and it started right up. If you have a pony start, just...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top