Recent content by Another Bob

  1. A

    Model M still won't run

    For a longer time than I want to admit. I have been trying to get my Model M to go.When I at last got it to start, more or less,it would not keep running. After it has been setting for awhile it will start runs fast for a minute or less, then slow down and eventually stop.Then, it will not start...
  2. A

    gas tank sealer

    I am ready to pour epoxy sealer in the gas tank of my old Model M to cover rust in the bottom. However,inside the tank is a piece of flat metal, like a baffle or something. Whatever it is, it is loose and moves around in the tank.Now, what is going to be the effect of pouring epoxy sealer in the...
  3. A

    Which oil to use?

    Read a question about what oil to use in old Farmalls.I am wondering about using 10w-30, which I have seen recommended. However, for a 1941 Model M engine is that really best? Back in those early days, only non-detergent oil was available,so when modern detergent oil was used in these old...
  4. A

    Switches for old model M

    To Rusty Farmall and all you other guys who answered my post about the starter switch. Thanks! I hadn't been out to look at the old M for a week or more, so I was going by memory. As you could tell it is obviously very faulty. Actually, I need both the kill switch and the starter switch. This is...
  5. A

    starter switch

    No, I meant the starter switch.I thought that single wire went to the mag.Better look again I guess.
  6. A

    starter switch

    The starter switch on my old model M has quit working. It is the manual type,goes thru a 7/8" hole, and has one connection to the mag. All the replacements appear to have two wire connections.Can the two wire type be used with no problems?
  7. A

    gas tank

    Noted a message from Jim Hurt about his rusty gas tank.I have about the same problem on my old Model M.So,did his idea of using toilet bowl cleaner work? Has anyone else tried this method?My M starts,but sputters and runs more or less,then finally quits. The sediment bowl has junk in,so not...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top