Recent content by Bob Havens

  1. B

    51 B charging

    Have you checked the battery voltage while the engine is running? If it's in the 7.0-7.3 range it's probably a bad gauge.
  2. B

    Deere G magneto

    Thanks! That was what I thought too, but it's one model I never owned.
  3. B

    Deere G magneto

    I have a mag impulse coupling, 35 degree CCW, that fits a FM J2B6 or X2B6. The model indicates it should be a 2 cylinder SAE flange mount, probably for a Deere. However, the FM catalog doesn't indicate what it fits. It does list an FMJ2A6 35/CCW base mount for a D, G, GP and some others. Did all...
  4. B

    Starter Motor Terminal Stud Replacement

    Speaking as a starter repair guy, you really should use a carbon arc soldering tool to get enough heat.
  5. B

    Anyone know a source for Delco distributor bushing?

    Thanks for all the input. I was able to order one from Deere when I gave them the part number. It didn't appear in the "M" parts catalog. I got the 1909003 number from my Delco catalog.
  6. B

    Anyone know a source for Delco distributor bushing?

    I"ve been trying to find a new distributor bushing to fit a Delco distributor in a JD "M", but haven"t been able to find it. I"ve tried Delco, JD, NAPA, Standard Parts. The Delco PN is 1909003.
  7. B

    H timing HELP

    The best way to avoid getting shocked is to have your wife hold the end of the wire while you turn the mag over. If she's bigger than you or you've already tried this method before, cut the adjusting tab off an old spark plug. Connect the spark plug wire and ground the base of the plug and the...
  8. B

    cub problems

    The front pin is a press fit. The top plunger is threaded on the rod that runs down thru the lever. The top plunger is spring-loaded, and undercut where the front pin engages to lock it down. The plunger has a tendency to break at the undercut when you try to unscrew it.
  9. B

    cub 106 pto belt size

    Hi buddy. IH used an odd pitch for PTO belts. You need to get the correct belt from a Cub Cadet dealer. The belts from automotive stores won"t last.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top