Recent content by bobin wayne

  1. B

    JOhn deere #10 sickle mower

    I am working on a JD #10 sickle mower and when I remove the hold down clips some of the wear plates have a shim on top of them. What is the purpose of the shim? When should the wear plates be replaced? Does the thickness of the wear plates determine how close the shear runs to the guard plate...
  2. B

    cutting alfalfa with a sickle mower

    I am using a John deere #10 sickle mower to cut first cutting alfalfa. The field is mature and has lodged. What is the correct angle of the blade to pickup the fallen hay. I have the cutter bar level but am riding over and leaving a lot. Should the cutter bar be angled up or down and how much?
  3. B

    tractor size for nh 575 baler

    Is a JD 3010 large enough to operate a NH 575 baler?
  4. B

    cutting hay with a mid mount sickle mower

    I am cutting hay with a 3020 narrow front tractor and a mid-mount sickle mower. How do you cut square corners? I now go to the corner, raise the mower and make a loop and come down the next swath. Is there a way to cut a square corner without leaving a lot of standing hay or plugging up the mower?
  5. B

    no. 10 side mounted mower

    I took a JD #10 side mount sickle mower off a 3010.I put it on a 3020 and the brackets all fit but the distance between the drive belt assembly and the mower is 3" shorter on the 3020 then the 3010.I can't put the pto shaft on. I don't want to cut the pto shaft because it would be to short if I...
  6. B

    3010 PTO seal

    I have an oil leak from the rear PTO. Can you put in a new seal And o ring from the rear or do you have to split the tractor to change them? What is the procedure to change them?
  7. B

    3020 1000 pto

    should the front 1000 pto on a 3020 be turning if the 540 stub is in the rear pto?
  8. B

    John Deere #21 hay crusher

    I am going to be using this hay crusher for the first time. Have never used one before. Can you give me any advise on using this. Will be using it on second cutting alfalfa that was cut with a sickle bar mower. How fast can you go? How high should the rollers be off the ground? How do you keep...
  9. B

    JD #21 hay crusher

    How much horse power do you need to run a john Deere #21 hay crusher? I would like to run it with an Allis Chalmers 5020, 25 horse power. Do you think this would work?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top