Recent content by Caminofeld

  1. C

    JOHN DEERE 48 LOADER REMOVAL

    No, I do not. I do have a cherry picker and various jacks/stands/chains and was planning to rig something up. Worse case I have some scrap steel and can weld something up. Just trying to do this in the easiest/quickest way possible because I have jobs backing up. Would I be able to partially...
  2. C

    JOHN DEERE 48 LOADER REMOVAL

    HELLO ALL, SORRY MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON. THE STARTER BURNED UP ON MY 1020 DIESEL AND STRANDED IT ON AN UNEVEN AREA OF YARD. I HAVE THE REPLACEMENT STARTER (IT'S THE STARTER, NOT THE SOLENOID), BUT IT APPEARS I HAVE TO REMOVE THE 48 LOADER TO GET TO IT. I SEARCHED THE INTERNET AND CANNOT...
  3. C

    John Deere 1020 oil draining from breather

    I'm actually ordering a new fuel pump tomorrow. Is there any magic to it or just a couple bolts?
  4. C

    John Deere 1020 oil draining from breather

    Alright, so crankcase is definitely WAY overfull. Now to see where the excess is coming from. I'll change the oil this week and see how quickly it re-accumulates (it's been 2 years since last oil change, so may be a very gradual thing). I know I need to take better care of her, so I'll do a full...
  5. C

    John Deere 1020 oil draining from breather

    Great, I'll definitely check that. Thanks!
  6. C

    John Deere 1020 oil draining from breather

    Thank you for the reply. It is a diesel. I will check the crankcase today and let you know. I also have not noticed any increase in smoke beyond what she has always put out.
  7. C

    John Deere 1020 oil draining from breather

    Hello, I have a 1973 JD1020 loader and yesterday while stretching a fence it started having a variation in idle; going from low to high and back by itself. Later in the day I noticed a puddle of oil and realized there was a fairly steady stream of oil coming out of the breather tube. The level...
  8. C

    JD 1020 Front Wheel Reversal

    I have been looking at picture online and I do see many people with either reversed or wider wheels on their 1020 loaders. Makes sense about the extra stress on spindles, etc though. I'll plan to take it slow and use caution with heavier loads since I really don't have a choice other than to eat...
  9. C

    JD 1020 Front Wheel Reversal

    Hello, I apologize if this post appears multiple times; as I was having some difficulty. I bought new front tires for my JD 1020. The store I bought them from sold me larger tires they said would fit for a way cheaper price than stock. They ended up being a little too wide and rubbing, so I...
  10. C

    John Deere 1020 circulating block heater

    Thank you so much guys! I'll be installing it withing the next week or 2 and will let you know how it goes!
  11. C

    John Deere 1020 circulating block heater

    Hello, I recently acquired a mechanically sound but cosmetically rough 1973 1020 and am looking good to install a circulating block heater. I see the part for sale, but am looking for specific instructions on how to install it. I'm fairly competent with a wrench but want to do it right the...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top