Recent content by cjwilson78154

  1. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    parts are supposed to arrive today. I'll post back after install which should happen in a day or two
  2. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    Hey TractorTech, when I reassemble, does the Position Control rod need to be clocked like the pic you sent with the cam lobe oriented to the top of the lid?
  3. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    Decided I need to disassemble and reassemble the entire top lid. Something is either bent or not installed correctly. I played with it for a few minutes on my lunch break and made a command decision. I just can't put it back together again without discovering what the issue is.
  4. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    I took position control lever off and I don’t think there’s any other way to clock it to make it work.
  5. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    Spring compression/valve movement starts immediately as soon as I start to move position control lever.
  6. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    I was able to duplicate what you were saying. Raise position control and spring compresses/valve moves. Raise lift arms and it centers. Does that through entire range.
  7. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    ok. Will the system duplicate that manually by just raising the arms by hand? Or does there have to be hydraulic oil or air moving the piston to see it operate? And you mention pressurize front right passage. Do you know which hole specifically?
  8. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    Both of my friction discs are hard as rocks. I’ll order new ones.
  9. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    Ok I’m with you. I’ve had the handle off once because it was all bent up. Straightened and reinstalled. Should I have preloaded tension on the spring? Don’t see anything about it in my service manual.
  10. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    OK. But is there a good way to tell if that's needed? With draft handle all the way down, position does feel spring loaded to move down on it's own...
  11. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    Hey TractorTech, So the lift cover is off. Seems like this would be a good time to do that but I'm not convinced it needs it. How can I tell?
  12. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    I pulled the lift cover again cuz I have nothing better to do with my Saturday. It all seems to be moving correctly in harmony with the other parts.:unsure: I also pulled the lift cylinder. Reinstalled lift cylinder. Still on the workbench, but It all seems good.
  13. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    I was kind of feeling like one of those lever shafts could be out 180. Can the disassembly be done without pulling the lift cover again?
  14. C

    Ford 532 Position and Draft Control not working right

    I've had the machine for a few years. Decided to tackle Position and Draft Control issue. Both Position and Draft control only happen in the upper couple of inches of the Quadrant. As an example, with Draft all the way down, machine should be in Position Control. Entire swing of Position lever...
  15. C

    Re: Hydraulics

    PTO shaft seems ok now. Bucket still good. Power steering leak is fixed. It was the line itself at the first bend out of the column. Soldered up fine. I think the diesel leak is stopped. Never did figure out where it was coming from. Lower on the priority list though. The 3pt arms are only...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top