Recent content by dale9n

  1. D

    fuel availability?

    my silverado dropped 2-3 miles when I could no longer get the old reg gas. they are all this corn oil gas now. lotsa good it does to cut back 10% on gas but use 15% more for the same miles driven. Dumb politicians are killen us all. Dale in VA.
  2. D

    need help on carb part

    just found a kit. however, my carb is like the ones shown on the 600, and not the 640 pictures. so if no one has the needle alone, I'll just buy the kit. thanks. Dale in VA.
  3. D

    need help on carb part

    I just found that my 640 main adj. screw broke off the brass threaded section in the carb body. Even if I get it out, will I be able find just that main adjustment needle screw thingyyy? Or, am I going to be buying another carb? Yippee. Thanks Dale in VA.
  4. D

    Ford 641 Carb...help!

    I too have the 640, and have had fuel issues. You have to make sure the idle screw is set proper. turn it all the way in, not too tight, then back out one turn. adjust it in a little to get in tuned in once its running. clockwise is in. the vacuum leak point is possible too. take the advice...
  5. D

    9N can't hand a load, already checked sparks, fuel, and carb

    Since there are so many things that can cause this, I'll give you one more. A few years ago my 41' 9n was being used for bush hogging when it started doing the same as you described. If I took the bush hog off, it ran great. as soon as I tried to run and cut with the hog it would miss and lose...
  6. D

    8n vs 800 series First Tractor!!!

    I have a 9n and a 640. the 9n has run my king cutter, but never again. since I got the 640, It's clear that these are the better for working. the 6xx and 8xx are better for what you want to do. Having said all this, I would not get rid of my N since it is great for a mower attatchment. we use...
  7. D

    Brush Hog for 8n--anything I should know?

    hey ford, I too have the 5' KK. bought it back in 02. It doesn't make the noise you described. hope it's not getting ready to. perhaps the newer ones have your trouble. stinks that everythong seems to come from china. what have we done to ourselves. Dale in va.
  8. D

    Brush Hog for 8n--anything I should know?

    It's also called an "over running" or "slip" clutch. depends on you being a yankee or midwestern individual. As opposed to just normal. Dale in va.
  9. D

    Brush Hog for 8n--anything I should know?

    you want an overriding clutch. tractor supply or any tractor place will have it. It fits on your pto shaft. then your bush hog goes on that. Many articals can be found in the archives here. It's called an (ovc) dale in va.
  10. D

    Carb workaround.

    I also had this problem with my 640 a few years ago. the cork may be the way to go. But, I had a rubber O-ring left over from a plumbing repair kit. It happened to be close enough to the size so i used it temporarily. Since it never leaked again, it"s still there today. i also agree with the...
  11. D

    no spark

    I just got the 640 tranny back together. the tractor has been down for two years. on the first attempt to start, there is no spark. I've changed nothing but the alternator. can't figure out what may be failing by just sitting there. my next move is to start checking the electical system step by...
  12. D

    640 carb ??

    there is a hole in the bottom of the carb body that doesn"t have screw thread in it. anyone know what the hole is for? looks like dirty air can get in there. thanks dale in va.
  13. D

    do'n some tranny work

    my old 9n is get'n over worked with the 640 down. I hope one of you guys have worked on this tranny. it"s a 4 speed off of a 640. I perchased a good 641 rear and tranny with a bad 2nd gear. My ring and pinion was shot, so I"m wanting to put the rear off the 641 on my 640. Now. the problem is...
  14. D

    640 trans work needed

    thanks jb, do you know if I can get it out from the top openings, or is there a need to break trans from engine too? Dale
  15. D

    640 trans work needed

    I'm not up there. I'm at the rear of the tranny. trying to put the rear end on. thanks. Dale in VA.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top