Recent content by DB1991

  1. 1

    Case 648 update 2. Its alive!!!

    We spend most of today working on the little case. Just to recap Im the new owner and was told it hasnt run in 10 years. We cleaned out the carburetor, what a mess! I believe its been 10 years! Son had absolute confidence it would run, I had my doubts. He kept saying once we get it...
  2. D

    1959 Case 211B Engine Rebuild

    So my gameplan is to use normal 50/50 antifreeze in the cooling system. For the oil, I think I am going to use this...
  3. D

    1959 Case 211B Engine Rebuild

    Hi Everyone, It has been a while since I have updated progress on my 59 211B. I just got the engine back from the machine shop 1 month ago (after they had it for 10 months!!), and then I had to get a new pressure plate since they couldn't find mine. Check old posts here for background...
  4. D

    Case 211B Rod Knock

    I think I am just going to do it the right way and pull the engine and send it to a buddy of mine to be re-done. I don't really want to spend a ton of money on this thing, but it is better to just do it the right way and not have to worry about it. The saga continues!
  5. D

    Case 211B Rod Knock

    Hi again, I have finally found the source of the engine noise. Check old posts here for background info: http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1354498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=22b57227ac20b5f0f2db0a5e4f93e01b...
  6. D

    Case 211B Front Axle Removal

    I finally had time to look in to the rod knock issue. As I have stated in earlier posts, according to the manual the front axle needs to come off in order to drop the pan for my type of axle. I want to know if anyone has any tips, tricks, or ideal tools to use for this job. I tried a pitman...
  7. D

    Case 211B Engine Noise

    I found it in the service manual that the front axle and wheels need to be removed to get to the oil pan... maybe in a couple weeks I will be able to get to it and update
  8. D

    Case 211B Engine Noise

    I found it in the service manual that the front axle and wheels to get to the oil pan... maybe in a couple weeks I will be able to get to it and update
  9. D

    Case 211B Engine Noise

    The vertical stem is there and intact. I have been looking to buy a new filter, but am having a hard time finding a place to actually buy it. I currently have a "Carquest 84011" on it.
  10. D

    Case 211B Engine Noise

    So, I think I have figured out what I want to do. I want to pull the pan out and inspect the rod and main bearings. If I find something "easy", I can replace it myself. If it is anything more complicated than that (scored crankshaft journal, etc), I have a friend with an engine shop that...
  11. D

    Case 211B Engine Noise

    Unfortunately there isn't an oil pressure gauge on this tractor, so I am kind of flying blind in that regard. I used a large breaker bar as a stethoscope. I wasn't able to pinpoint the exact spot of the sound, but it is in the rear of the engine for sure. I tried to pull the pan off last...
  12. D

    Case 211B Engine Noise

    Hi everyone, I wanted to get another set of eyes looking at this issue I have been having with my tractor. There is a noise coming from the engine that seems to go with every cylinder's power stroke. It is enough that you feel it in your foot while sitting in the drivers seat...
  13. D

    1959 Case 211B Piston Ring Replacement

    Awesome. I just wanted to know what I have to do in the worst case scenario that the rings need to be replaced. I will put it to work and hopefully it stays running. Thanks everyone for the info!
  14. D

    1959 Case 211B Piston Ring Replacement

    Hi everyone, I finally got the tractor running right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9weTVwVqoM&sns=em I know I have low compression in cylinder 3. I did a dry test before the winter and that showed: Cylinder 1 - 132 PSI Cylinder 2 - 126 PSI Cylinder 3 - 110 PSI Cylinder 4...
  15. D

    1959 Case 211B Distributor Mechanical Advance

    So I tried to take the video yesterday, but it seemed to run fine and then run out of fuel. I looked in the tank and saw the area where the sediment bowl has some stuff by it. I pulled the sediment bowl off, put a rubber fuel line to it, and turned the valve on. It was flowing very slowly. I...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top