Recent content by EcountyDave

  1. E

    Southeast US weather

    I guess too much rain is better than the alternative of drought, in the long run at least. Glad to hear the folks in Georgia got caught up. We saw on the news how they were suffering before. Here in Texas, just south of Dallas, it's been crazy. Dry summer and not much hay to be made. The...
  2. E

    model 39 JD sickle mower

    Pardon my ignorance, but what is the ledger plate?
  3. E

    Using JD350 Sickel Mower

    I have a JD350, only had it about 2 or 3 months and made one cutting so far. I've been adjusting and adjusting chain lengths to get the height just right. Had a member of this board, James Howell, even come to my house and got it pretty well adjusted. Maybe he'll see this thread and send pics...
  4. E

    JD 350 sickle mower

    James, Where were you able to find the knife and how expensive are they? Just in case. Remember mine is a 9'.
  5. E

    Grease fittings on Jd 350 sickle

    Thanks for the pictures James, we too enjoyed your visit. I did not see a 3rd grease fitting ( the one farthest from the pulley). May be mine being an older model doesn't have one? Serial # 608047 E. I was surprised to see them so close together, in pretty good view. A question about the arm...
  6. E

    Grease fittings on Jd 350 sickle

    Thanks for the pictures James, we too enjoyed your visit. I did not see a 3rd grease fitting ( the one farthest from the pulley). May be mine being an older model doesn't have one? Serial # 608047 E. I was surprised to see them so close together, in pretty good view. A question about the arm...
  7. E

    Grease fittings on Jd 350 sickle

    Looking for pics to show (3) grease fittings around the wobble box. Thanks to James Howell, who will be sending these. Also, Thank you to James and his lovely wife for coming down and helping us make the necessary adjustments on our mower. They are nice folks that went out of their way to...
  8. E

    JD No. 5 quick tatch mounts

    James, Thanks for replying, and you're right Ellis county is where I'm from. My place is about 10 miles east of Ennis in the Telico community. It's Friday evening now, the first chance I've had to get online. I got your number and I'll give you a call the first part of the week. Have a good...
  9. E

    JD No. 5 quick tatch mounts

    James, I've been looking for a way to connect with you. I've seen your posts about these sickle mowers. I recently bought a JD 350 and am having issues with it, namely adjusting the height. I live about 30 miles south of you, according to your info. would there be any way I could get a look...
  10. E

    JD350 sickle mower

    I have the mower on a Kubota MX5000 a 50hp tractor. The mower does not have a chain for the drawbar. I think my other chains are adjusted correctly. Will have to look in to getting a manual, would be nice to see one in action.
  11. E

    JD350 sickle mower

    The bar attached to the spring is what is I am having a hard time adjusting. I understand it is supposed to be tied down with a chain and clevice to the hitch. The outer end of the sickle bar comes up but the skid plate still drags the ground. I adjusted the spring chain per what I read in...
  12. E

    JD350 sickle mower

    Happy 4th of July to all. I am a "newbie' to this here site and forum but have found a lot of interesting posts. I recently purchased a JD350 sickle mower from a friend. when I asked him how to adjust the height on the bar, he said he let it down to the ground and went. When I was growing up...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top