Recent content by ernest hook

  1. E

    will not shift into 4th gear

    I have a '49 8n 6 volt. Cannot shift into 4th gear. All other gears shift o.k. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
  2. E

    hyd. lift arms on 8n

    Changed hyd. fluid in 8n. Some sludge came out with the fluid. I cleaned the system with a couple gal. of kerosene. Let it set in the reservoir for about two hrs. and ran the lifts up and down twice. Drained and re-filled with GL1 90. Now the lifts go down very slowly and they come up at normal...
  3. E

    8n will not run

    I did what you suggested. It is running like a new tractor. Thanks a Lot
  4. E

    8n will not run

    That is the copper bar. If I move that wire from the left side post of the solenoid. I'll have it and my battery cable on the same side - same post. Is that ok? thanks
  5. E

    8n will not run

    I jumped the ignition switch, started but would not continue to run. Checked solenoid connections. Battery cable connected to large post on right, start switch connected to small post on back of solenoid, cable going to tractor connected to large post on left along with the copper grounding...
  6. E

    8n will not run

    I did clean all the connections at battery, starter and selenoid when I first started having trouble. I probably re-connected incorrectly. I will check out tomorrow. Very cold here today. When i try to start it, I want everything possible in my favor. If connection are not the problem, I will...
  7. E

    8n will not run

    I have an 8n ford 6volt front mount distributor. Good gas flow and good spark. Will run for 4-5 seconds and then dies. I have discovered if I hold down the start switch after it starts, it will continue to run. Could this be a bad resistor, ignition switch? Am I losing power t the coil? Any...
  8. E

    8n will not run

    I'm now getting a good 1/4 inch spark at no.1 plug. However, I still cannot get it to keep running after it starts unless I continue to hold down the starter switch after it starts. Have you ever heard of that? I just now discovered it by accident - I held the starter down too long. Didn't...
  9. E

    8n will not run

    Do I jump the ignition across the ignition switch or across the resistor? My tractor has a toggle switch for ignition. I'm pretty sure I have a spark problem. Spark plug has a spark at normal gap. When i gap it at 3/16, no spark. Would a weak spark be caused by a problem confined within the...
  10. E

    8n will not run

    I have an 8n Ford front dist. mount 6 volts. Starts good but will only run for 3 or 4 seconds. Changed ignition switch, points, condenser and plugs. Re-built carb. and cleaned air filter. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks .
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top