Recent content by G.S.G.

  1. G

    Loader Plumbing

    Thanks to all who responded to my post. Once I get the loader on, my plan it to connect both hydraulic lines to the rear breakaway coupler as suggested. Still confused why the one line was plumed to the rockshaft housing.
  2. G

    Loader Plumbing

    I disconnected spool valve hoses from remote cylinder rear block and the one plumbed to rocker shaft housing, hooked a remote cylinder and everything worked as it should also checked out 3 pt lift arms and they worked OK. I don’t understand the diagram sent in my earlier post. Will I have to tie...
  3. G

    Loader Plumbing

    Thanks for your replies. Loader was on the “non-running” tractor. I took it off to work on the engine. With tractor running, I need to do more checking moving the remote lever and 2 pt lever to better understand and see what is happening to 2 pt arms. I will also investigate the plumbing diagram...
  4. G

    Loader Plumbing

    Recently purchased a JD 2010 project tractor, which I now have running. It came with a loader, which is not on the tractor and I need help on how to plumb the loader hydraulic lines. It has a spool valves mounted on the loader frame. Currently one hose goes from the remote cylinder disconnect at...
  5. G

    How many remember the date you joined the service

    December 7th, 1965. Drafted into the Army.
  6. G

    Clutch - Shifter Issues

    I sprayed brake cleaner on the clutch/PP on two different occasions as you suggested, and the clutch is now working. Thanks for your help!
  7. G

    Clutch - Shifter Issues

  8. G

    Clutch - Shifter Issues

    Thanks for the info. I hope to work on it in the next few days.
  9. G

    Clutch - Shifter Issues

    Recently purchased a JD 2010 row crop tractor, which I now have running. I went to move it and could not get it into gear. The clutch pedal travel is 1 1/2” before you can feel it applying pressure, which seems normal as I continue to depress the pedal. I can move the shift leaver out to park...
  10. G

    2-Pt Plow adjustment

    There is what I call a tail wheel, but no gage wheel. It is a 2 bottom plow. If you know what the model numbers is, I am interested so I can check into a manual. Thanks!
  11. G

    2-Pt Plow adjustment

    Need help with setting up the 2-pt plow on my IH 340 utility. Install new points a few years ago and only use it for food plots. I can get it to go to a depth of 4 inches or so, and less on hard clay ground. I noticed that there is a hole to pin the 2-pt receivers from bending. Should these...
  12. G

    2-Pt Plow adjustment

    Need help with setting up the 2-pt plow on my IH 340 utility. Install new points a few years ago and only use it for food plots. I can only get it to go to a depth of 4 inches or so, and less on hard clay ground. I noticed that there is a hole to pin the 2-pt receivers from bending. Should...
  13. G

    Smoking Exhaust

    Thanks for your responses. I will now tear into the engine.
  14. G

    Smoking Exhaust

    I am now getting time to work on my IH 330 project tractor, and this is a follow post from several months back. Compression check showed, #1-cylinder 130 cold & 140 hot, # 2 100 C & 125 H, # 3 135 C & 130 H, #4 140 C & 145 H. As recommended earlier, I did adjust the valves. Tractor starts but...
  15. G

    Almost ready to buy a Farmall Cub

    I have had a cub since early 70's. Used it to mow lawn (+2 acres) for 25 years. Now use it only for plowing snow and plowing garden. It is part of the family and hope to pass it along to a member of the family. Along with the mower deck, I have a front blade, plow, disc, and a cycle bar...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top