Recent content by Georgia MF

  1. G

    CAV pump

    I sent my CAV to Mylex in Mississippi for a rebuild. They took a while (2 months because they are backed up), but they did a great job. They had to replace some parts and recalibrate it, but it runs like a champ now. The cost was south of $400. If you've got the time, I recommend them.
  2. G

    temp gauge instalation

    I don't remember exactly how the bushing fits and seals around the bulb. But, if it's leaking between the two, and you can't pull the bulb off the bushing to look for burrs or gouges, you might want to exchange it for another one.
  3. G

    temp gauge instalation

    Did you use any thread lubricant or sealer? Teflon tape generally works fine, but Rectorseal #5 is what I use when the threads are suspect. Be sure to let it set up for a bit before pressurizing. Most of all, don't over tighten or you can strip the threads. (Of course, this is assuming it's...
  4. G

    Injector Problem?

    I swapped them this morning and the problem moved. Off to the tractor store! Thanks for the help. I'm ready to get this project done.
  5. G

    Injector Problem?

    I just finished a valve job on a MF50 a3.152 and included rebuilt injectors. When I disconnect the fuel lines to the injectors to bleed the lines, air spews out of the #3 injector inlet when I turn over the engine. I can hook up #'s 1&2 fuel lines and get the engine running. But as soon...
  6. G

    Poor Man's Sleeve Puller

    If JB would adhere to the sides of the sleeves, you could use it to hold something like a bolt or another piece of metal stuck to both sides to pull it out. I just don't know if it's strong enough. Yes, JB wouldn't heat and cool it. I misunderstood marloeg's comment now after re-reading it.
  7. G

    Poor Man's Sleeve Puller

    That"s a great way too. But, I don't have a welder. Has anyone tried JB weld to do the same thing? I've always wondered if it has the shear and adhesion strength.
  8. G

    Poor Man's Sleeve Puller

    I had a stubborn sleeve on a Perkins I was trying to remove the other day. I could not move it with a hammer and wood, and a chisel/screwdriver was no better. I ended up taking an old piston and drilled a hole through it for a piece of all-thread. Then I removed all the rings except the top...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top