Recent content by Glennmackenzie

  1. G

    1640 brake bleeding

    Tx Jim, are you please able to post an exploded view of the brake valve housing and associated parts?
  2. G

    1640 brake bleeding

    Thanks Tx Jim, How do I access the reservoir to check this? I have ordered an operators manual so hopefully it will help with any further questions but I think most things I need to know would only be covered in a shop manual which was $450NZD so will just have to wait until I can afford that one!
  3. G

    1640 brake bleeding

    Hi all, After sorting through many issues with the 1640 (thanks Tx Jim!) I finally got everything sorted, however I just replaced a damaged brake line on the right hand side and while bleeding the system the oil stopped flowing just as I seemed to be getting the last of the air out and the pedal...
  4. G

    1640 lift arms went up but won’t come down

    Tx Jim Thanks so much for your help thus far however I now have another issue! I have the lift arms working as they should but when they are lowered as far down as they can go the engine loads up as if the hydraulic system is at full pressure and relieving. Also when they are lifted in any...
  5. G

    1640 lift arms went up but won’t come down

    Thanks mate, about to lower the rockshaft cover back on and I found this washer in the alloy reservoir, any idea where that may have come from Also just found this bolt unwound and missing the nut, do you by chance have access to an exploded view diagram with part numbers? Thanks for your help...
  6. G

    1640 lift arms went up but won’t come down

    Thanks Tx Jim it worked! Will update when all reassembled. This tractor is special to me as it was the tractor I learnt to operate farm machinery on my first job on a dairy farm after leaving school at 17. By a stroke of luck and now aged 41 I now own it so was hoping I hadn’t damaged it! Thanks...
  7. G

    1640 lift arms went up but won’t come down

    Thanks Tx Jim, tried that and still won’t go down and yes I believe I mucked up when lowering the cover back down. Have it off again now and lift arms are still locked right up and can’t get them to budge at all. Can I undo one of the nuts on the back of the lift arm cylinder to dump any oil out...
  8. G

    1640 lift arms went up but won’t come down

    Hi all, Just reassembled my 1640 after removing the rockshaft cover to get at the hand brake and when tested the lift arms went up, like waaaay up and now won’t come back down. Is there a lever or something that I haven’t lined up properly when lowering the rockshaft cover back down? All was...
  9. G

    Ford 5610 4WD problem

    Hi all, My Ford 5610 has started engaging and disengaging 4wd by itself, noticeable when travelling on the road due to the load whining noise, then randomly it will pop out of 4wd (with an audiable bang) then it will be fine for a while then it will go back into 4wd and then pop out again etc...
  10. G

    5610 lift arm troubles

    Thanks Rod, much appreciated. I just have one question, for the bits of steel to get into the lift arm hydraulic system would they have first gone through the pump? I thought the pump had a suction filter so this wouldn't happen?
  11. G

    5610 lift arm troubles

    Hey guys I have a 5610 III that has lift arm trouble. They keep getting stuck in the up or down position due to some very small steel or alloy shavings sticking in an internal valve. Has been to the dealer 3 times but they say they don't know where the steel is coming from. Does anyone have...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top