Recent content by Greg Buechner

  1. G

    starting hard when warm

    Hey Ramrod, Which brand carb did you buy? Did it come with the proper jets etc?
  2. G

    starting hard when warm

    I put a complete carb kit in and it sure made things better, especially with all the new wiring. She fires immediatly when cold with little choke, if any, and then a little choke until shes run up to speed. I haven't counted the seconds it takes to fire up when shes warm but, it is longer. As...
  3. G

    starting hard when warm

    I did the switch by pass and that didn't help. The spark is good. The timing is correct. My only thoughts would be the side to side play in the rotor shaft bushing or carb adjustments. Perhaps the bushing expands when warm causing it to have even more play, throwing off the points. But it did...
  4. G

    starting hard when warm

    1950 side mount 6 volt. Wouldn't start when hot without ether. Starts great cold. Took the advise of members and replaced the wiring, points, cond., coil, etc. It really needed it. Good spark when warm or cold. Did notice that there was a little play in the dist. shaft bushing. What a hack job...
  5. G

    volt meter goes crazy with engine running

    Thanks for the info. I really need to memorize the 50 tips before I go asking questions.
  6. G

    volt meter goes crazy with engine running

    When the engine is running on my 1950 side mount 6 volt 8N the digital volt meter starts displaying numbers all over the place when I bring it near the engine. Not even hooked up to anything. Just come within a 8 inches of the engine or battery and the numbers jump all over the place. Is there...
  7. G

    Still hard starting when warm

    Soory. Shes a 1950 side mount 6 volt 8N.
  8. G

    best place to buy parts?

    I have gad good luck with NAPA
  9. G

    Engine Heaters

    Growing up on a farm in WI, all of our tractors had block heaters. They were housed in an up heated machine shed. As soon as you parked the tractor for the day you plugged in the tractor. -20 and they started evertime. I'm in coatal Maine now and we don't get the harsh midwestern winters but...
  10. G

    Snow removal with rear blade

    I would remove the shoes in the spring. Woods makes a shoe kit for the RB72 but they want a couple of hundered for them. I'd make up my own brackets to bolt the the blade and pick up some snowplow shoes.
  11. G

    Snow removal with rear blade

    Will shoes on the blade help keep the blade from digging to deep?
  12. G

    Snow removal with rear blade

    Are you guys pulling in forward or pushing in reverse to move snow?
  13. G

    Still hard starting when warm

    Yes, the idle mix screw is at about 1/8 out. I thought that might not be normal.
  14. G

    Still hard starting when warm

    Went through the entire electrical system. All new battery cables, wiring, points, etc. She still starts hard when warm. The spark, with a warm engine, is great. Then I went and messed with the idle screw. It starts and idles a lot better warm with the screw out only 1/8 of a turn. Is this...
  15. G

    6 volt Generator Field and Gnd ID

    The picture shows what I was guessing. Thanks for the confirmation.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top