Recent content by hbauer

  1. J

    WD starter

    I finally got around to taking the starter apart on my WD after many years of marginal cranking performance. The commutator had dirt caked between the segments in many areas which I cleaned out with an icepick. I don't know if the brushes need replacing or not. They have about a quarter inch...
  2. R

    4020 cyl. head

    Does anyone know if the gas 362ci. engine and thr LP 362ci engine use the same head? If the LP head is different does anyone have a casting # for it. Thanks in advance
  3. H

    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY FELLOW FARMALL GUYS!

    Hi...Just wanted to wish all those on the discussion boards a Merry Christmas and thank you for all your help this year. Let"s face it...we"re a great bunch of guys...and as red, white and blue as they come! God save this country from the feckless politicians! hbauer.
  4. H

    Farmall stalling

    I'll go with the electricity interruption theory. Had that problem on my 68 Camaro starter motor. I'd be parked with my chick on a date...went to start it..no go. Wind blew the car..she started right up. Happened several times. I went underneath and saw the cable to the starter had worn down to...
  5. H

    H won't start

    I went through this for a year with my H. Lots of help from this forum. I too replaced all ignition, battery...even took off the carb and cleaned it. Still problem. As last resort I took off the push button start switch and took it apart. It was badly pitted. I went down to get a new one..cost...
  6. H

    Hydraulics on Farmall H not working

    THANK YOU ALL FOR VERY INTELLIGENT AND COMPREHENSIVE REPLIES. I KNEW I COULD COUNT ON YOUR GUYS. WHEN I HAVE MUCHO TIME, I WILL TRY ALL, STARTING WITH THE KERSOSENE DRAIN AND REFILL AS THE EASIEST. YES, THE HYDRAULICS WERE WORKING PRIOR TO PUTTING 90w IN IT, BUT SAT BEFORE I TRIED TO USE IT...
  7. H

    Hydraulics on Farmall H not working

    All of a sudden my hydraulics do not work on my Farmall H. Out of the blue. I did put the wrong fluid in at one point 90W, but most of it ran out the bottom anyway, which is another problem..dripping from the case. I put 30 W in...still not working. I'm not too good with hydraulics obviously...
  8. H

    Testing a Genny

    John, Could you send me that non charging genny checklist please? I suspect the voltage regulator. I scored the mica between commutator bars but it did not help. I advanced the third brush 3 bars from static brush..did not help either. Could use some help. Thanks.
  9. H

    Cub Cadet Loboy 185 Hard Starting problem

    Long shot. could be air blockage at fuel bowl so gas doesn"t flow through fuel line. Did you empty then replace fuel bowl? Did you let it fill up before clipping it all the way? This gets the air out. Good luck.
  10. H

    FINALLY MY H WORKING! THANKS TO ALL!

    Thanks, Bohemian. A nice practical analysis of testing procedure. You're a man after my own heart! I thought of the regulator, but dismissed it as a last resort test. My experience with them is that they last almost forever. But, it could be defective and I should not make any assumptions. I...
  11. H

    FINALLY MY H WORKING! THANKS TO ALL!

    After replacing the entire fuel and electrical systems, except Starter and Generator, I tried a new push buttom start switch..The tractor finally started up and ran good. Cut my whole field for two hours and loved every minute! Battery discharges though..need new generator and probably new...
  12. H

    h will not turn over

    Try a new push button start switch. It solved my start problem. Contacts were severely corroded. Starter motor may be demanding too much current. Good luck.
  13. H

    Eureka with H...almost.....helppppp!

    Thanks all.. an update: The Glennster was right..I had a stuck flywheel engagement gear. Now starter turns but reluctantly. Switch at steering wheel--push switch--gets hot right away. I don"t like this switch anyway. Can I change to a keyed switch???Anybody know? Is any brand switch okay? By...
  14. H

    Eureka with H...almost.....helppppp!

    Making progress. Got the H to start and run for about three minutes. I put a half bottle of injector cleaner in gas prior thereto and poked around with fuel tank switch bottom. Definitely getting good gas now. But.... When I put load on engine and tried to back up, it died. Starter button...
  15. H

    H RUBBER FUEL LINE

    Thanks to all who replied. I'll keep working on it. Sediment bowl is a real pain to keep from leaking no matter how many gaskets I try. Might have a hairline crack. I'll look for another one. Tractor supply in Vermont though is less than filled with tractor parts inventory...turning into a...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top