Recent content by hogluvr

  1. H

    Got a starter problem with my 8n

    We are all sorted out and running again, thanks to everyone for their input and suggestions 👍
  2. H

    Got a starter problem with my 8n

    Well I found the cause of the no-crank, the stud on the starter that the cable attaches to is completely stripped and not allowing a good connection. Now I have to find the cause of the no-start, it’s always something!
  3. H

    Got a starter problem with my 8n

    I will do that thanks. Battery is on the charger now. Yeah factory switch which looks like a dimmer switch. Switch went bad so I just ground it with a screwdriver
  4. H

    Got a starter problem with my 8n

    I’ll throw a charger on the battery although I would think it would still turn over with that much voltage. I’ll throw the old solenoid back on and see what happens
  5. H

    Got a starter problem with my 8n

    It was converted to 12v when I got it, starter is not connected to key switch. Battery currently read 12.28V.
  6. H

    Got a starter problem with my 8n

    I checked before and it had good voltage, I will check again just in case. Battery was replaced last year
  7. H

    Got a starter problem with my 8n

    I had a leaking float which poured gas into the oil and hydrolocked it. Was unaware at the time, the starter solenoid just clicked. Replaced the solenoid and got it started, tractor caught fire. Put it out, it wasn’t on fire long enough to even melt any wires. Felt real lucky. I sorted out the...
  8. H

    8N no oil pressure

    Awesome thanks for that, I will have to remember that for next time
  9. H

    8N no oil pressure

    I’m reviving this old thread just to say thank you to all the members past and present that are generous enough to share their knowledge. I had a no pressure situation after an oil change and thanks to you and this old thread and this forum I discovered how to prime the pump and get her back up...
  10. H

    International 3260 Deck

    The races went in about the same way they came out. Of you saw how this deck was when I got it you’d say they probably never replaced anything. I agree, a tenth isn’t gonna work. Probably Taiwanese seals
  11. H

    International 3260 Deck

    No taper in the bore, bearing race is 1.880, bearing seal is 1.980
  12. H

    International 3260 Deck

    I have a 184 with the 3260 and recently blew out a spindle bearing. Bought a kit and replaced the bearings but for the life of me can’t figure out how to get the seals in. The OD seems to big to install into the bore and I’ve never seen seals like this, can’t figure out which ways faces where if...
  13. H

    Help!

    Yeah I’m wondering that one myself. I’ll get a new filter as well, I think NAPA might sell one that fits? AND disconnect the battery, don’t need that!
  14. H

    Help!

    Some bonehead left his gas petcock open. This usually isn’t a problem, but today it looks like all the gas I had in my tank sumped into the oil pan! What else do I need to do besides dump and replace the oil?
  15. H

    Replacement solenoid for my ‘49 8N

    Thank you. Yes it’s been converted to 12V, from the description it looks like they have one for that too
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top