Recent content by Irvin Plitzuweit

  1. I

    Allis combine

    I heard Allis sold the patent of that combine to John Deere and that become the 11-A, 12-A and then 25. Allis then designed the 60, 66, 72 with the cross separating section.
  2. I

    2022.01.19 "Extra" Pic

    I THINK that photo is near Hiawatha Ave in Minneapolis MN. As a youngster I can recall a scene like that. I live in MN and am now 82 years old.
  3. I

    Case dealers list

    McKenna Motor & Implement Co., 150 N. Kingston St. Caledonia, MN (C 1956 Ref... (24 Mar 2013) They sold Case and Studebaker in Caledonia, MN late 40ies to mid 50ies Irv
  4. I

    Avery double feeder

    Mechanical History Round Table (MHRT) has one that it uses each season at it's Days of Yesteryear Show. (second weekend in August) It has a divider board that splits the feeder into 2 rows. We never use it at the show as we feed from one side only. The board when in place prevents bundles from...
  5. I

    Minnesota Farm Equipment

    My father purchased in about 1947 a pto driven Minnesota 8 foot gain binder. I remember many hours riding on it and had to trip the bundle carrier so when shocked, they would be in a straight line. Dad took pride on how the field looked when shocked/
  6. I

    Replacing starter switch on Ford 661

    Starter switch on my Ford 661 5 speed needed replacing, and I ordered a new one. Looks like I should just unscrew the old one. I removed the wire and began to try and unscrew the old switch. It turns but does not come out. I now have to use a jumper wire on the solenoid to start the tractor...
  7. I

    Need new bin....

    No set back rules. Way too close to highway.
  8. I

    Oliver Combine

    http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=oliver&th=165921 See the link for Oliver 40 sold in 2012 in Rochester, MN
  9. I

    MM Dealers

    This link may help http://www.minneapolismolinecollectors.org/
  10. I

    A 49 VAC-14????

    I though with Case serial #'s you subtract 4 to get the year, which makes it a 1956
  11. I

    O/T Chemistry experts

    If you are generating hydrogen gas using an acid and a metal like Zinc, what is produced is NOT pure hydrogen. There may be some water vapor in there, possibly HCl vapor if you useed hydrocloric acid as your acid. If you used sulfuric acid, some H2SO4 in a vapor stage may also be there, or could...
  12. I

    Small lever of 8-N

    A friend recently purchased an 8-N and asked me what the small lever was on the right side of the seat and below the seat. It is only about 3 inches long, moves from straight up to about 3 o'clock, couldn't see that it did anything. It is NOT the PTO lever or the hydraulic 3-point lift lever. I...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top