Recent content by john waller

  1. K

    Two-Speed for 3Cyl 2000 with a Four Speed Trans

    Had a request for a Hi-Low transmission for a 2000 3 Cly with a 4 speed transmission. Do they make such a thing for that tractor and if so, does anybody have one. Thanks
  2. T

    Brakes hard to depress on a MF 1105

    Both brakes hared to depress then won't come back up on my massey ferguson 1105 what do I need to do. HELP!
  3. A

    New Holland Net Wrap?

    Anyone else have trouble with new holland net wrap from the nh dealer?? Seems like it is getting worse every year.. I had a roll early this year that pulled apart like paper. I threaded in a new roll today and where the orange strip is it doenst even seem like it was threaded together and its...
  4. K

    Hey Dave 2

    The Hocking river is flooded again due to the heavy rains on Tuesday night. I think it's just above flood stage, but thought you'd like to know. Keith
  5. J

    grounding 52 b

    Back in the day, cars and tractors were positive ground. I fellow I bought my '50 Desoto from felt the gen didn't work. Always discharging. Had it set up as neg ground. Used a kid's '48 Ford F5 for threshing last year. Same thing. Makes me feel very old to explain that sort of thing.
  6. J

    Problems pulling clutch disk on JD-A

    Couldn't get mine loose, either. Used the 5/8's bolts with iron. Tried a large puller. No luck. Did soak with PT Blaster, too.
  7. J

    grounding 52 b

    Late A's were 12 volt with positive ground, weren't they?
  8. J

    A clutch

    Am going to try the torque wrench on the adjustment bolts first. Haven't had the entire assembly off yet. Did take out the first clutch plate and it seemed fine. Used a light to look inside as best as I could and all looked o.k. from that inspection. Tried to get the sprocket pulled off but...
  9. J

    Is this correct?

    Fairly new to JD (except as a kid) and then they were not 'fixer-uppers' and don't remember much repair work at all. But (sorry) have always liked the N Fords. Have 4 and still like them. Now have first fixer upper A JD. But I have a 2N Ford with 9N engine and dash. 2N rear end and different...
  10. J

    A clutch

    Had the flywheel cover off last year to put on new battery cable and check out the starter. Seemed fine. There is a LOT of slop in the vertical shaft going into the clutch housing. Seems easy to take off the cover the shaft goes into to check. Any thoughts or warnings? Initially, the "T"...
  11. J

    A clutch

    Can't seem to keep the clutch properly adjusted on my late model A. Either wants to slip or won't disengage. Plates are fine. I think the problem is play in the vertical shaft from the clutch lever. Am I on the right track? Any hints? This is my first JD and I really like the user friendly...
  12. J

    Different 2N

    Finally got around to checking numbers. Went to Serial Number list on TractorData but still unsure. Engine # is 9N2I86. Easy to read but didn't find anything like this on TractorData information for 9N or 2N. All 2N serial numbers appear to start with '9N'. Axle # is 2N4015A2 and has 2-5-45...
  13. J

    John Deere 350 mower

    I did do some price comparisons on line. This might well be my total lucky find of the whole year.
  14. J

    John Deere 350 mower

    Amen to shields and all other safety devices and safety attitudes!! On 4/25/10, I jumped off my skidloader in the same way I have done for 35 years. Step on the edge of the bucket and hop to the ground. This time, my left foot slipped behind the bucket and went down to the bar between the lift...
  15. J

    John Deere 350 mower

    Picked up a 350 JD sycle mower in great condition. After a day of adjustments and engineering a drawbar substitute for the lift I am using it on a 8N Ford. This is a 3 pt mower and the bar lifts when the 3 point is raised. Like a Ford mower. Is this mower worth $500? Did I pay too much? Looked...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top