Recent content by Larry-NEK

  1. L

    Shift rail plungers

    Jim, there are only 3 plungers and springs, one for each shift rail. The third-reverse plunger (detent)is the first to go as it gets the most use. The first-second on my 860s all looked brand new. The dealer may only sell 4 to a package, can't remember. Larry
  2. L

    I really Messed up! Any Ideas?

    I swaped out a ball nut on a power sreering box a few months ago and in order to get all the balls in I had to put grease in one half of the split tubes (in blue). Then stuck the balls into the grease, put the halves together, fed all other balls into the nut then lowered the tubes back into the...
  3. L

    Are Ford snow plows common?

    They are not uncommon, but can be hard to find. People that use them don't like to give them up. I have two of them and mounted one for a friend on the 841D. We love them here in northern VT. Larry
  4. L

    vane to piston pump conversion 860

    Pete, There is a manifold on flea-Bay right now, off of an 800. Hope my link works. Larry http://cgi.ebay.com/FORD-800-900-600-700-NAA-HYDRAULIC-PUMP-LINES-TRACTOR-/160561007232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25622e8a80
  5. L

    860 Diff. Clunking

    Hi , I forgot my handle last night. Rick the pilot bearing is to the rear of the pinion, the manual shows the pinion being jacked out into the hyd. tank with 9/16th bolts. I wanted to hear from someone who had pulled out a pinion and replaced the pilot bearing. with out pulling the carrier out...
  6. L

    moving snow

    Hi Dave I,m north of E. Craftsbury in Orleans. Larry-NEK
  7. L

    moving snow

    The hyd. dozer/snow blade is the way to go, if you can find one. The hyd. down pressure will lift the front wheels off the ground. This is a pic of my 57 860 with ring chains rear pie and liquid weights, it will push alot of snow here in northern VT. The 841 D is a plow set up I mounted for a...
  8. L

    double ring chains on 850

    Here is my 860 with ring chains, with wheel weights and loaded tires there is no stopping this old girl.They are easy to install and have plenty of clearance. Larry-NEK
  9. L

    59 841D Won't Shut Off

    jdemaris and others ,,, Just got back from the shop,took the cover off as shown in JD"s photos and there at the bottom was the shut off clip, mine was Vee shaped and I could see where it clipped into a groove on the shaft and it had to be rapped smartly to snap it on to the shaft ( don"t know...
  10. L

    59 841D Won't Shut Off

    I was hopeful I would hear from JD, his knowledge of diesels is outstanding and with photos even better , thanks so much this is just what I'm looking for. I would like to fix this rig so it shuts off the way it's supposed to. So JD this clip that pushes on the meter valve ,is it attatched to...
  11. L

    59 841D Won't Shut Off

    Hi Gang,, I"ve been reading this forum every day for the last 6 years and am amazed at the knowledge base. That said, I have a strange problem. I"m doing some work on a friends 59, 841D, I fixed a leaking fuel line between the filter and pump,checked the pump timing( pulled rocker cover to...
  12. L

    Rear Wheel Studs 601 Ford

    If you search on "rear wheel studs" you will find a link to some photos I posted (with help from John in LA). You can drill the backing plate at 12:00 between the casting for the axel bolts and then plug it after the installation. You may not want to do this if it is a show tractor...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top