Recent content by LarryNY

  1. L

    4610 SU warning lights Update

    Thanks to everyone who responded to my posts about this problem. That includes Jack in Iowa, who worked with the wiring diagram and communicated directly with me through email. This morning, I started searching for bare wires, and with everyone's guidance, I went fairly directly to the vacuum...
  2. L

    Re: 4610 SU warning lights

    Bern, Thanks for responding with all that information. I feel like I've learned something today already. Anything else is gravy! I plugged that dangling wire in to the contact on the oil pressure sensor, and I assume that is why the lights mostly stayed off yesterday, except for the two...
  3. L

    Re: 4610 SU warning lights

    I thought I was going to be reporting to you all that my problem was fixed! It is, sort off. I started searching out what sheet metal I was going to have to remove to find my problem, and I found the plugs where the wiring exited the area above the fuel tank. Then I noticed there was a...
  4. L

    4610 SU warning lights

    Thanks a bunch everyone. It seems there is a consensus of opinions, and it appears that I have my work cut out for me. I haven't yet figured out how to see area above the fuel tank. Can't be too complicated. I'll have a look tomorrow. Thanks again. Larry Frechette
  5. L

    4610 SU warning lights

    Hi all, The instrument warning lights on my 4610 SU come on intermittently and randomly. It started with the air intake light. That light started coming on, and flickering on and off even when the filters were clean(new). Then one day the oil light started doing the same thing. The oil was...
  6. L

    4610 Power Steering Pump Leak

    Hey, Bern, Nope, no money tree here. I just don't know if that's within my capabilities. It's not a job I'd want to fail at. Where do you live? Maybe I can hire you to do mine. Larry
  7. L

    4610 Power Steering Pump Leak

    Bern, Thanks for the tip. I've been putting this off for quite a while now. I sure hope it works. This will, hopefully, get my power steering leaks down to just one, and that's in the column. I'll probably let that go for a while. I was told by a New Holland mechanic that one is probably...
  8. L

    4610 Power Steering Pump Leak

    Destroked, I really appreciate your tips, starting with confirming that it will be necessary to remove the pump to do the reseal. Knowing that, I removed it before removing the tank. Certainly reduced the mess I would have had, had I taken the can off first. I couldn't help but wonder if you...
  9. L

    4610 Power Steering Pump Leak

    Joe, Thanks for the very clear directions on getting to the filter. I haven't actually removed the filter yet. Since Destroked told me that it would be necessary to remove the pump in order to do the reseal, I did that before removing the tank. I suspect it was a lot less messy that way...
  10. L

    4610 Power Steering Pump Leak

    I'm new to YT's blog. I have a 1988 Ford 4610SU that I've had for about two years. I've been dealing with power steering leaks since I bought it. The one for which I'm asking your help is at the power steering pump. In the photo I've drawn an arrow pointing to the joint that leaks. I tried...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top