Recent content by Matt Lewis

  1. F

    Big Knob pull 4 /13/13

    I want to thank everyone who helped with the pull&everyone who pulled. It was a little cold,thank God for Carharts, but we all had fun. Our next pull is a transfer pull on 4/27/13. Everyone is welcome come on out and have some FUN.
  2. M

    1952 8N PTO Seal Replacement

    Thanks Bruce! You were right that darn shaft just about got my toe when I tapped it off. No more cardboard under the PTO for me. Matt
  3. M

    1952 8N PTO Seal Replacement

    I Have a 1952 8N 6 volt positive ground side mount with a leaking PTO seal. Does anyone know a good article on how to replace the seal or can anyone provide me some guidance before I attempt this on my own? Thanks in advance for your help. Matt in California
  4. M

    Thank-You

    Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who make this forum possible. I owe a special thanks to both Bruce and Dell for answering my many questions and getting my 8n "back in the field". Merry Christmas and keep up the good work! Matt in California
  5. M

    8n Throttle Plate Replacement

    Can anyone tell me how to replace the Throttle plate on my 1952 8N side mount? The notches have worn down and I can"t keep the throttle high enough to keep discing. Thanks, Matt
  6. M

    8N with stuck valve?

    Thanks Bruce, I will grab some Marvel Mystery Oil and a 6 pack of beer tonight on the way home from work. Sounds like I am in for a fun weekend.
  7. M

    8N with stuck valve?

    I have a 1952 8N sidemount 6 volt negative ground that I can"t get started. I replaced alot of ignition parts and rebuilt the carb. Everything has spark and gas flows freely thru carb. I next tried to see what the compression was in the holes. Good compression on holes 1,2 and 4 but I get...
  8. M

    No Spark at Plugs 1852 8n 6 volt

    Thanks guys for all of the help. I will try all of your suggestions this weekend and see if I can get her fired up. Maybe askin for some more advice on Monday but hopefully not.
  9. M

    No Spark at Plugs 1852 8n 6 volt

    Mr. sparkie-meister. I was not cheap, I used a fiver the first time I cleaned the new points. Will try it again, this time with a dollar bill. Would this be the cause of no spark at the plugs though?
  10. M

    No Spark at Plugs 1852 8n 6 volt

    Sorry, it was a typo, its a 1952 8N
  11. M

    No Spark at Plugs 1852 8n 6 volt

    I have a 1952 8N side mount that is a 6 volt positive ground. Trying to get it started after sitting for many years. Installed new points, condensor, copper primary strip and insulator, cap, rotor & new plugs and plug wires. Purchased new 6 volt coil all from this site. with the key on, I...
  12. M

    6 Volt Coil Wiring

    Thank you Mr. Guy and Bruce.
  13. M

    6 Volt Coil Wiring

    I am completing a 1952 8n 6 volt (positive ground)reserection. I have managed to replace all of the cracked and broken writing on the tractor with the exception of the two wires that run to the coil (as they were not there to start with). I have ordered the repair manual that everyone...
  14. M

    Distributor Removal and Replacement

    Forgot to mention that it is a 1952 8N with side mount distributor.
  15. M

    Distributor Removal and Replacement

    Bruce (or anyone) What is the best way to remove and replace the distributor after I replace the copper primary without causing any additional timing problems. This IS my first rodeo at this and I don"t want to screw it up too much. Thanks, Matt
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top