Recent content by nwford

  1. N

    Ford 1974 5000 engine bearings

    I've had my hands in plenty of 404 and 466 Deere engines and the Ford 172s, but this one just seemed snug, hence the question. The block wasn't line bored, but the cylinders were and liners put in.
  2. N

    Ford 1974 5000 engine bearings

    I had the engine block machined for our 1974 5000 this spring. Finally getting around to putting it together. We got a Reliance kit from the machine shop. Started putting the main bearings in to check the crank oil clearance and the thrust bearing won't drop into the block. Curious if anyone...
  3. N

    D17 Series Four Three Point Linkage

    Hello DrAllis. After your reply I looked closer a the torsion bar. Seems something is extremely worn. The bar will swing freely between the stop bolt and to the rear against the three point arm sway block area. I need to look closer at what is going on in that area. I'm guessing there should...
  4. N

    D17 Series Four Three Point Linkage

    We recently brought home a 1967 D17 that originally appears to have been a snap coupler equipped tractor. At some point in its previous live someone swapped a 170 or later three point onto it but left the snap coupler spring and drawbar on it. We're trying to find the correct drawbar and...
  5. N

    This the strangest PTO Lever Location on Ford 850?

    Believe your tractor had an Elenco MFWD axle on it at one point in time. That looks like the pto lever used when the front axle drive box was placed where the circular inspection cover on the rear center housing is normally. Just a thought.
  6. N

    Ford 601 picker value

    I have a gentlemen interested in the Ford 601 Corn Picker I have. Curious on a ball park value of such an implement. Its in average working condition. I've used it to pick a couple fields years ago. It has been inside the whole time I've owned it and the entire time the last owner did as well...
  7. N

    Van Brunt B Grain Drill Rate Chart

    Looking for a rate chart for a John Deere Van Brunt model B grain drill. This one is a 16 x 6. Mainly looking for the grass attachment box rates.
  8. N

    830 three cylinder hydraulic issues

    That is the valve body under the right floor board correct? Had that apart a few years ago and replaced some leaking oring. Would this also explain why the hitch doesn't seem to follow the hitch control lever position in the middle part of the quadrant? The lift arms seem to follow the control...
  9. N

    830 three cylinder hydraulic issues

    I have an 830 three cylinder utility tractor. For the last year the three point hitch will no cycle up until the scv lever is cycled. Can hear the pump build pressure the the hitch will lift. Seems like once this is done once the hitch will work fine until the next day. Also the hitch lever...
  10. N

    Ford 5000 clutch and PTO input shaft

    I'm in the process of replacing the clutch in my 74 5100. Found wear on the splines in the drive hub for the PTO and the input shaft E4NN7A684AA. Can I remove this shaft after removing the rockshaft, PTO clutch and the upper rear pto output shaft? Appears it comes out the rear of the...
  11. N

    3000 steering drag length

    The ball joint on the rear of the drag link for the steering on my 3000 was getting loose. I have ordered a couple aftermarket ones but haven't been able to find one the correct length or with the correct size threads on the front of it. I can seem to find one or the other. The tractor has power...
  12. N

    5000 Diesel overhaul kit

    Was more so asking if anyone had good luck with a certain brand kit. Had issues with several Reliance kits in some green tractors years ago and don't want to go down that road again.
  13. N

    5000 Diesel overhaul kit

    The 1974 5100 we have is getting tired. Been breathing hard the last couple summers. Plan on keeping this tractor for along time. Anyone have a recommendation on where to get an overhaul kit from?
  14. N

    841 differential center housing

    I'm working on an early 841 tractor. There is a slight crack someone appears to have welded on the differential casting. It has NDA 4024B cast into it. Would the center differential casting from a 860 be the same? Or what models would I be looking for?
  15. N

    960 hitch pulsates while trying to lift

    I replaced the valves in the pump. Pump seals and bearing. New gaskets. Reinstalled the original pump that I rebuilt back onto the tractor. Bled the system. Started the tractor back up and it's doing the same thing. hitch pulsates or shakes slower with weight on it.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top