Recent content by Outback Rider

  1. O

    JD 310 Backhoe Hydraulic Hose Problem

    Yes, in order to push the crowd out, lever was moved, not sure if I accidently moved the boom lever causing the burst.... Can't tell yet which line is blown...
  2. O

    JD 310 Backhoe Hydraulic Hose Problem

    Last summer I began replacing the hydraulic hoses on my early 310 backhoe. I got all of the hoses changed out from the front bucket back to the distribution manifold. During our recent blizzard, I was using the machine to move snow... One of the hoses blew under the backhoe digger lower...
  3. O

    OT foundation crack

    Again, how old is the house? Hydraulic cement will stop leaks within 3 minutes of putting it in. I have an older home, I have had a few cracks that weeped and leaked water, mixed up some hydraulic cement (also called Fast Plug) drilled out the area and pushed the stuff in... leaking/weeping...
  4. O

    radiator problem

    The TO-20 coolant level does not like to be completely full. It will usually blow out coolant until it settles to a level of about 1 inch above the radiator fins when you look down in. Trouble is, it is hard to see in there with the hood on. That is how it is on my TO-20. Not sure about the...
  5. O

    JD310C backhoe parking brake

    Jonathan, Good to see your post, I have read many of your older posts, glad to see your back with your wealth of knowledge. Gary
  6. O

    Picture for Today

    About 20 years ago, I was caretaker of a large estate in NY. I found paperwork in the barn for the digging and installation of the well water lines. It documented by day how many men worked each day, shoveling 9 hours a day, 6 days a week. This was back in 1930. Each man made something like...
  7. O

    310 Backhoe

    Thanks for your input. I will change oil again in the spring after running for some hours.
  8. O

    Case 430 in the snow

    Hey Guys, With 24 inches, we were spared another 6 or so inches. Out playing in the snow...My 17 yr old son playing clean up on the Case, me breaking the drifts with the backhoe...backhoe is an early JD310... love that 430...
  9. O

    310 Backhoe

    Yes, it is diesel. It had some black smoke before I changed out the air filter. Now it is running pretty clean. I wonder about the injectors, since most other items have been pretty worn, perhaps they need to be changed out?? Thanks for your thoughts...
  10. O

    310 Backhoe

    I have an early 310 3 cylinder backhoe. I have changed out many parts, hyd filters, hyd oil, air filter, engine oil, etc. The engine runs strong. When I changed out the engine oil, the oil was totally black. The new oil has turned black after running for just a short time. Should I change...
  11. O

    2150 no power steering

    How is the fluid level? Simple I know, but I have a 310 backhoe with a very similar steering valve set up. If I have a loss of steering it has been fluid level.
  12. O

    JD hydraulics

    Why put the chevrons in backwards from the direction received from the factory? To compensate for wear? Thanks.
  13. O

    310 Backhoe Oil Pan Removal

    Great, thanks again for the advice, really appreciate it.
  14. O

    310 Backhoe Oil Pan Removal

    I'm in the midst of working out the kinks in my 310 backhoe. I have been replacing water pump gaskets, steering cover gasket and changed out all hoses to eliminate the leaks. My oil pan gasket is seeping so I want to drop the pan, replace the gasket and clean out any sludge in there. Are...
  15. O

    JD 310 Backhoe Hyd Accumulator

    I thought it provided a reserve of pressurized oil to feed the loader/bucket and also feed the power steering.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top