Recent content by Pace F20s

  1. P

    8n hydraulic pump issues

    I bought all of the parts to rebuild my hydraulic pump from YT. The valve chambers are very well machined, but they are universal fit, that is, they will fit either side depending on where removable plugs are installed. The issue is that they are too thick and won't go up into the tractor. I...
  2. P

    15-30 fenders

    Detwiler Tractor makes fenders for early McCormicks
  3. P

    22-36 fenders

    Thanks for the replies. Detwiler is the business I was thinking of.
  4. P

    22-36 fenders

    Sometime back there was a listing on Ebay for McCormick Deering fenders (15-30 and 22-36) that were made to order. They location was Wisconsin, I believe. Does anybody recall who it might have been?
  5. P

    F-20 Belly Pump Hydraulics

    Is the belly pump commonly mounted in F-20's the same pump as the Lift All belly pumps in H's and M's? I'm needing a service manual and want to be sure I get the correct one. Thanks, Roland
  6. P

    F-20 sediment bowl assembly

    I just bought one from Rice Equipment.
  7. P

    1947 Case VAC 3-3/8 rings

    I need rings for my late grandpa's '47 VAC. The block casting number is VT149. It has aluminum pistons. The bore is 3-3/8". It has the normal 1/8" compression rings (3) and 1/4" oil ring (1). I haven't been able to locate 3-3/8" rings. Everything is listed as 3-1/4 or 3-7/16. Does anybody...
  8. P

    Regular or F-20 Flywheel Installation

    I heated the flywheel slowly just to the point that a drop of water on it would just sizzle. I have a "holder" made up that allowed us to hang it from a chain hoist with it vertical. Be sure to have the keyways lined up and have the key ready. You can also put some ice on the crank (I put...
  9. P

    Oil flow path in F-20

    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to have to take it apart. I sprayed the bearing with WD40 to clean it off. It looks like the bearings may be pitted. Once again, Thanks.
  10. P

    Oil flow path in F-20

    I have a "37 F-20 that has a noisy rear main bearing, that is, it makes a mild roaring sound. I took the hand hole covers off and it looks like maybe the rear main isn"t getting oiled like it should be. I looked in one of my other F-20"s and there was obviously more oil in the bearing. My...
  11. P

    F-20 Spark Plug Issue - long post

    Andy, What is the Champion number? Thanks, Roland
  12. P

    F-20 Spark Plug Issue - long post

    I have 2 running F-20's. I've had Autolite 3077 plugs (the really hot ones) in them for some time. They both run great, with almost no misfires. Recently the 39 (hand-crank) has been really hard to start. Once started, it runs great. I've changed the carb and mag with no noticeable...
  13. P

    8N Pinion Change Problems

    Thanks for the information.
  14. P

    8N Pinion Change Problems

    I am (or was going to try)replacing the pinion in my 52 8N because of some damage on it. I have a good one and the ring gear doesn't look too bad, and I don't have a ring gear. When I tighten the left axle housing, the ring gear and pinion bind. Loosening the axle housing about the thickness...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top