Recent content by Patriot_knight

  1. P

    9n rebuild problems

    I haven't thought about the starter being bad, because it spins the motor over. However, the stud where the starter cable is connected is loose where it passes through the starter outer housing. If I remove the starter case, is there a way to tighten this post to ensure it isn't grounding out...
  2. P

    9n rebuild problems

    All of those parts are present. The "actual" start switch in black on the left in your image has been replaced with the corresponding gasket. The push button works and has pass-through power. When I first wired the tractor to start, I thought I could create a simple circuit to start the tractor...
  3. P

    9n rebuild problems

    I stated above, in the message chain that I have replaced all ignition parts. I will reiterate and explain further. I replaced the push-button starter switch/solenoid. (it's not labeled a solenoid on any parts house listing, so I didn't realize it was a solenoid until I dug deeper to figure...
  4. P

    9n rebuild problems

    Your reply seems to indicate that you are agitated for some reason. I'm here asking questions and trying to solve a problem that seems like it should be simple. As for the ground . You use the ohmmeter feature on your voltage meter to check for resistance in a connection. If the display reads...
  5. P

    9n rebuild problems

    Ok, do I have some info but not all. It has been several days since I worked on the tractor. I don't spend all of my time on that. I'll probably get back on it once I have my current and more pressing project completed. I'm working on chicken coops and hog fences at the moment. I can address...
  6. P

    9n rebuild problems

    I used a similar diagram to rewire the tractor. I'll use your diagram. Caveat; I do not have lights installed at this time. The only power draw at this time is the miniscule amount the ammeter uses to register the amps on the gauge. Also, I have bypassed the push button and am using a...
  7. P

    9n rebuild problems

    I did use automotive cables that appeared to be the same gauge wire and diameter to the original cables. I believe, I need to be using larger cables to carry more amperage.
  8. P

    9n rebuild problems

    This is that same tractor. I realize this tractor isn't nearly as complicated as a newer and more expensive tractor. I simply needed a tractor. This tractor was within my budget, so I bought it. I thought it would be a good idea to update and refresh the old and obviously worn parts as well as...
  9. P

    9n rebuild problems

    I turn the key, the starter engages, the engine turns over. ignition does not occur. As the engine turns over, the battery cables heat up and the battery reduces in power quickly. I have had this battery on the charger before I put it back on the tractor. I also bought a new battery just incase...
  10. P

    9n rebuild problems

    I have a 1941 9m. I have installed a new distributor, coil, plugs, wires, oil lines, fuel line, sediment bowl and valve, and rebuilt the carburetor. I have replaced all battery, and starter wiring. I have replaced the ammeter and oil gauge. In the last someone converted this tractor to a...
  11. P

    9N dogleg mount brackets

    Yes these are what I'm looking for.
  12. P

    9N dogleg mount brackets

    Those are exactly what I'm looking for.
  13. P

    9N dogleg mount brackets

    Does anyone know where I can obtain the early 9n dogleg brackets as shown in the link below? I cannot make them myself. I'm hoping to buy them from someone online if possible. https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=nboard&th=985829
  14. P

    9N hood sides

    My reason for wanting to replace them is that I want my grill to be able to flip down so it can be cleaned out. A previous owner welded the grill to the "doglegs" so the grill can't be folded down or removed. Since this is a working tractor, I'd like to have the full functionality of the machine...
  15. P

    9N hood sides

    Yes, I believe you are correct. Why do all of the parts houses only have 8n "doglegs" when they are incompatible with 9n and 2n tractors? Are there any places online that sell the 9n ones?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top