Recent content by Pete-N-Ga

  1. P

    polarizing

    Hi Guys, I have a 54 Ford NAA with original 6 volt system. My brain is fuzzy and I can"t remember which terminals to touch to polarize the generator. I know this doesn"t happen to y"all so if some one could refresh my memory I sure wuould appreciate it. Thanks, Pete
  2. P

    Did something stupid

    Thanks, Dan, I think the battery has about had it. Too late to go and have it checked out tonight. Probably have to wait til weekend. Still can't believe i did that!
  3. P

    Did something stupid

    Hey guys, I did a stupid thing this afternoon. I have a 54 NAA, 6 volt. I had taken the battery out to charge it and put it in backwards. Wouldn't crank (duh) so I hooked the charger back to it, everything still backwards. Finally saw what I had done and turned battery around but still very...
  4. P

    Sand Blasters Pressurized vr. Gravity feed ?

    I have a pressure type from Northern Hydraulics that I've used for several years. Just gotta keep the sand dry. Any moisture at all and it makes chunks that won't go through the passages. I haven't tried the gravity feed so I don't know how they work. If the humidity is low and sand stays dry...
  5. P

    OT Eclipse

    The wife and I watched it for a while. It's clear here (Oxford Ga) except for a few passing clouds. Got too cold to stand out on the deck.
  6. P

    The addiction continues.

    If all else fails, just send the address to me; I need a parts tractor. Tenn would be too far to take it back. LOL good luck
  7. P

    Dunk is it snowing yet ?

    Got better'n a inch on my deck here in Oxford. Biggest flakes I've ever seen and I spent 3 winters in Germany. Raining now, probly wash it all away by morning. The wife did run out and get some to make snow ice cream.
  8. P

    When parting out an 8N, what parts sell?

    Where are you located and what will you take for the transmission?
  9. P

    Pictures from our local antique tractor steam engine show

    Great pictures. I was there but didn"t carry a camera. Glad to see a good number of Fords; I was at Bostwick last week and weren"t many there at all. Where are you located? I"m in Oxford, just north of Covington.
  10. P

    I FOUND IT!!

    Thanks Dan, got it ordered.
  11. P

    I FOUND IT!!

    Been looking for the secret bolt to add grease to the steering sector for my 8N (8N406169). I"ve actually had the bolt out but just tonight I found that it had a hole in the back. Now, how do you get the grease forced into the hole? It"s 7/16-14 threads. do you have to make an adapter for a...
  12. P

    Generator Bearings 54 NAA

    Has anybody changed the front bearing in a 6 volt generator? Is this a job almost anyone can do or does it need to go to the generator shop for the professionals. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, just been a real long time since I was inside a generator. Thanks in advance. Pete
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top