Recent content by Plow Away

  1. P

    Zenith Carb Adjustment

    Wanted to see if anyone knows the proper adjustment for a zenith carb going on a Farmall model A. I need to know how many turns out for the fuel air mixture, idle screw adjustment and so on. I"m in the process of rebuilding the carb but i don"t have an idea on where to set the screw in parts...
  2. P

    Farmall A starting problems??

    Thanks guys, !!!!! Got her running !!!
  3. P

    Farmall A starting problems??

    Can someone please explain to me how to adjust timing on a distributor with a coil. This is a 12v setup on a farmall A if that matters. I just can"t seem to get the engine to start, I"m about 90% sure it"s in the timing.
  4. P

    Alternator getting hot?

    Bob, Thanks for the help, the picture was great ! Thanks so much
  5. P

    Alternator getting hot?

    I have one main wire coming off the alternator and going to the negative side of the ammeter. I also have two small plug -in wires that connect to the side of the alternator which run back to the starter switch. So my copper post on that starter is very lose to the point of where I can...
  6. P

    Alternator getting hot?

    Just wired up my farmall A and I'm finding without the engine running the alternator is too hot to touch. Why is this happening? My next question, the copper bolt that comes out of the starter on my A is lose and is allowing for poor connection which doesn't help the starting...
  7. P

    Crank Pulley Stuck !!!

    I tried installing my crank pulley for my Farmall A. I heated the pulley up to 200 degrees and tried installing it. The keyway hole was a hair off and now the pulley is stuck. The pulley can"t go on all the way because it is misalined and I can"t take it off because it won"t move. Can I turn...
  8. P

    Farmall A 12v ???

    I need the wiring diagram for a Farmall A with an alternator and 12v. I don"t know how to hook up the light switch, or what wires go to the ammeter? Any help would be great, thanks
  9. P

    Cleaning out engine Block?

    Hey thanks for the replies, I"m going to try and hose the block out and see if that helps. I"m just trying to avoid this farmall from getting so hot. I need her to keep running strong. Would the oil temp gauge show an indication of the tractor getting to hot? Or is that a totally differnt...
  10. P

    Cleaning out engine Block?

    I posted about a over heating problem on a 41 Farmall A and had some great feedback. I read some older messages, any people suggested to flush out the block? How do I go about doing this? Someone said put a hose in the top radiator inlet to flush out, is this what I need to do? Thanks for the...
  11. P

    Mower Color?

    Hello, I just painted my farmall A. I have a 5' woods belly mower that I also need to paint, should I use up the rest of Farmall Red or should I paint another color? Any Help would be great thanks
  12. P

    1941 Farmall A, Too Hot !

    I have a 5' belly mower that I plan on cutting my 5 acres with. Other than mowing just the occasional tractor ride and that's it. The radiator is clean and moves coolant and air very well. Should I change my cap on the radiator to something with a vent to allow steam to seep out? As far as...
  13. P

    Farmall A Crankshaft Pulley

    Yeah she slips on really easy, no hammer or any tapping device is needed to put this on. Goes on nice and easy, I"m guessing this is not correct? You mentioned a lock nut on the set screw, I don"t have that. The lock nut goes on the outside of the pulley? Thanks again
  14. P

    Farmall A Crankshaft Pulley

    Yes, I have the key. It seems to tighten down ok, but like I said a day"s worth of work and it becomes loose again. There are no other bolts that hold this is place correct? Only a set screw for the key. Thanks
  15. P

    Farmall A Crankshaft Pulley

    Hello, I used the 41 Farmall A a couple days ago and during the time I was useing it the crankshaft pulley fell right off. I don't know to much about these, but I did notice the the crank has a key and the pulley has a keyway with a set screw. So I simply sliped the pulley back on and tighted...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top