Recent content by ralphhsd

  1. R

    Thieman tractor

    Does anyone know the speed in "road" gear of a Model A Thieman Tractor? Would it keep up to the 10 mi/hr speed of the tractor drives in our area? Thank you. Ralph Hurlbert Raymond, SD
  2. R

    IHC mower

    My mower has several differences I can see. Mine has the pitman stick axle/pulley closer to the near end of the mower. Also the pto axle/pulley is mounted on a pivot with a large bolt than can be adjusted to tighten the drive belt. The springs that can adjust the ground tension appears to be...
  3. R

    IHC mower

    Thanks for the response Brendon. I followed up on the reference you mentioned. My mower has about a 12 inch drop on the lift arms. I had guessed that the row crop versions having the tractor higher off of the ground would need a deeper drop on the arms than a utility would need since is it...
  4. R

    IHC mower

    I recently purchased a two point IHC fast hitch full mount sickle mower. The former owner used it on a IHC 560. I planned on using it on a 606 with fast hitch. When I mounted it on the tractor I couldn't lift it high enough to clear the ground. Is there a difference between the mowers used...
  5. R

    sherman overdrive

    I have a "48 8N my father bought new with the over drive. While on a tractor drive this summer I happened to think about the oil supply for the overdrive. I assume the overdrive has to run in oil. Is there any way to check the oil level short of splitting the tractor?
  6. R

    cordwood saw

    Thank you Mark. My frame lacks holes to attach the legs so it must be an earlier model without the legs. Ralph
  7. R

    cordwood saw

    Thank you Dean for the measurement. I bought the saw at auction yesterday and while looking through the "Assembly and Operating Instructions" pamphlet that came with the unit I observed the legs shown in the picture of the operating saw on the cover and the listing in the parts section. I was...
  8. R

    cordwood saw

    I recently purchased a restored cordwood saw to use and it is missing the two legs that extend down from the three point attachment location. Could someone tell me the length of these feet as I am sure I can make them. Thank you! Ralph
  9. R

    cordwood saw

    I recently purchased a restored cordwood saw to use and it is missing the two legs that extend down from the three point attachment location. Could someone tell me the length of these feet as I am sure I can make them. Thank you! Ralph
  10. R

    tie rods

    I need new rear tie rod ends. All I can find are about 3 - 4 inches long. My 1948 8N has a long rear tie rod end and only an 11 - 12 inch adjusting tube. The only parts I find seem to have a short end and a long adjusting tube. My father bought the tractor new and it has never been changed...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top