Recent content by ratnester

  1. R

    John Deere H Carb Question

    Thanks. I think I got it finally figured out. I believe it slips over the float tang from the side. I had it in my head that it somehow went over the front or back. Just took it for a drive and all seems well.
  2. R

    John Deere H Carb Question

    I took apart my H's carb for a good cleaning and the little clip that keeps the needle attached to the float came off before I had a chance to look at it. For the life of me I can't figure out how it goes back on correctly. I can't find any pictures or videos that show it either. I know this...
  3. R

    Farmall H 12v Conversion

    Thanks everyone. I wanted to use a one wire to start with but I didn't think there were any available that would fit under the hood. Everything I find online says to use the Hitachi 14231. Charlie, What is the model of the mini Denso alternator you recommend? Since it's a mag tractor...
  4. R

    Farmall H 12v Conversion

    Trying to get everything ordered to do a 12V conversion on my H (with a mag). I am going with the Hitachi 14231 alternator. I found the diagram online and have everything but an oil pressure switch. I assume you can get these at Napa? If so, does anyone have a part number? Will I need some...
  5. R

    Wico X help

    Trying to rebuild my Wico X for my JD H. I can not get the dog plate off. I have pulled the armature out and tried to gently pry it off with a screwdriver (see pic). I have also tried to drive the shaft out the front side while in the case with a rubber mallet. No luck, won't budget a bit...
  6. R

    300 u front tire change

    Take it from someone who just tried (and failed) this last week. Spend the $20 and take it to a tire shop. They can do this in a few minutes. I spent a couple of hours breaking the bead and getting the tire half off to install a new tube. I got the new tube in and broke the bead putting...
  7. R

    Spark Issues

    I didn't try the fuel test until this morning. I think that's the problem. It was very slow coming out of the carb. I took the gas line off next and no change with flow. I took the bowl off and cleaned. I turned it on and could blew compressed air back into the tank but the flow is...
  8. R

    Spark Issues

    Thank you. I charged my battery today and took off the distributor and cleaned/set the points. I tried to take a meter reading and I believe there is plenty of volts at the coil (6.45). I got it to start, but I had to choke it much more than usual. I thought the carb might of got dirty...
  9. R

    Spark Issues

    I use my 2N a couple of times a week. It's been running well until this week. I believe it's a spark issue. I checked the coil with a light probe and it pulses with the engine turning over. I can take a plug out and see a yellow spark but I am not getting spark with a tester opened to...
  10. R

    2N won''t fire

    I went to fire up my 2N last weekend and it wouldn't fire at all. I wouldn't even hit on starting fluid. Plugs got wet so I know it's getting fuel. So, I believe it's a spark issue. I can pull any plug and see spark but it looks weak. It will not jump 1/4" using my adjustable spark...
  11. R

    Condenser

    Finally went to Napa the other day to pick up the condenser for my '50 MT. It's 6 volts. I asked the kid and he tried to look it up. He said there are several that fit my tractor. I told him I needed one for 6 volts with a generator. Long story short, I came home empty handed. I tried to...
  12. R

    MT dies after getting hot

    Thanks everyone, I plan on grabbing one this weekend!
  13. R

    MT dies after getting hot

    Lol! Wife won't come near my tractors. I reread the post again and I follow now that it will still be flashing AS it dies, sorry. Any decent brands of condensers? I have read that it's a 50/50 gamble to get a new one that works.
  14. R

    MT dies after getting hot

    Thanks M-Man. I don't own a timing light, but I could pick one up next time I go to town. Not to sound ignorant, but I've never used one before. Would you mind explaining how this would point to the electrical side? Once the tractor died, wouldn't it quit firing?
  15. R

    MT dies after getting hot

    My MT starts and runs great until it gets hot. Then it seems to just die like you turned the switch off. It will always restart and run another 20-30 seconds before dying again. Any ideas? I'm thinking possibly the coil but I wanted to ask before throwing parts at it. Thanks for the help.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top