Recent content by RGMartin

  1. R

    How much power through a 1175 before you start breaking things?

    This would be for heavy tillage. 11 shank Brillion Disc chisel is the toughest thing I have. Likely 4th gear on the 1175, would need to be weighted and dualled. The 1570 pulls it in 3-1 or 2-3.
  2. R

    Case 1410 hydraulic pressure filter won't come off

    Right hand. It will be very tight if it hasn't been off in a while .
  3. R

    How much power through a 1175 before you start breaking things?

    I need a back up tractor for my 1570. I really like my 1175 as far as simplicity goes. Good 1570s seem to be hens teeth. I briefly entertained a IH 1566 until I came to my senses... The 1175 needs an engine, she is tired, low compression, hard starting, smoky, but still enjoyable...
  4. R

    Will a 148 bolt into a VAC?

    SO if I happened to have a good engine out of a totally junk 480, what should I be looking for to put it in?
  5. R

    Will a 148 bolt into a VAC?

    Before a I waste a bunch of time on this. anybody know if a 148 out of a first gen 480 bolt into a VAC?
  6. R

    DB 885 brake inspection

    A bore scope and drilling a hole in the right spot would do it, but it seems a little over the top.
  7. R

    Loader ID

    Is it brown or orange?
  8. R

    Truck 466 into a 1566

    What all is involved? I have a DT466 out of a early 1980s tandem with really low miles(has IH reman tag on it). It has the small Bosch inline pump. A friend has a 1566 that is locked up with coolant in the oil, supposed to have a newish TA and clutch. Is this as easy as it sounds in my...
  9. R

    1070 hydraulics

    You probably have them paired wrong. The top 2 work as a pair and the bottom 2 work as a pair. Other option is worn out couplers, either on your hoses or the females.
  10. R

    Case DB 990 hyd relief fell apart

    Broken at only 50 years? You should take it back to the dealer and demand a refund... I reality, it might be easier to find a whole used valve to replace it with. Replace all the o-rings while you are at it to reduce leaks.
  11. R

    Case controls on Backhoes...

    When did Case quit using "Case Controls" on the backhoes? was it all at once or did they offer both at the same time? I know of a couple "c" era machines with joysticks, and other C era ones with "cc"... I had always assumed that the change happened somewhere in that range. BUTTT...
  12. R

    Case 770 Powershift

    Its funny how those of us in western PA identify as being from western PA, and not just PA... I'm in Mercer county and have a 770 also.
  13. R

    Case David Brown 1210 Simms Injector Pump Install

    Make sure you change the oil in the pump. Very likely why it had to come off in the first place. No one seems to know that it needs to be done, pumps end up over full of a diesel oil mix and get ruined.
  14. R

    Case 511b radiator

    I think I have a couple from a 600B in western PA. Probably very similar. I have an issue just as Joe describes, where the radiator in the tractor doesn't work with the tin I want to use.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top