Recent content by ricflair

  1. R

    boring a JDB block

    can I bore out a 4.5 inch 175 CI block to fit late model 4 11/16 B pistons with .045 overbore? Thanks
  2. R

    1944 B all fuel vs. gas piston horse power

    If my cylinders are not pitted badly on the coolant side, could it be bored for late B .045? Thanks
  3. R

    high altitude pistons?

    What was different about these pistons? Compression? Anybody know what the ratio is? Thanks
  4. R

    model b cylinder block question

    Will a model 50 cylinder block fit on a 44 B? Will the 44 head mount to the 50 block?
  5. R

    1944 B all fuel vs. gas piston horse power

    Thanks that sounds like a good build, I was planning on sending the cam to josh blackburn, any other recommendations for cam? Dont know if I can find the LP pistons, might take a while. I would probably put new aluminum I think they are 6.5 ish
  6. R

    New aluminum pistons JD B

    Is there more than one supplier of new aluminum pistons? If there is more than one, what are the differences? Is one better than the other? Compression ratios? Thanks
  7. R

    1944 B all fuel vs. gas piston horse power

    Does anyone know what compression ratio the gas pistons made? How about hp. with gas pistons? Thanks
  8. R

    john deere b main bearings wear question

    Thanks for the advice, I do have plastigage. I just read thru the original deere repair book and it just says make sure there's no cracks or chipping they don't say anything about wear. I have noticed that original repair books no matter the brand are kind of vague in some areas.
  9. R

    john deere b main bearings wear question

    My 44 B has full shim packs, the orignal owner said they never had the engine apart. The babbit is worn a little thin in a few places and the bronze is showing. Is it ok to remove shims to adjust and keep using them? Or are they worn out if bronze is showing? There are a lot of shims, so...
  10. R

    john deere cam grind advice

    Ok, sounds the same as auto. Thanks
  11. R

    john deere cam grind advice

    How do you degree? Do you have to have the gear holes slotted? Thanks
  12. R

    john deere cam grind advice

    I am restoring a B, exhaust cam lobes are worn, would like to get it ground with a more effient profile. Who should I have grind it? I hear good things about Bullet. Has anyone used extreme pulling parts? I think Denglers is out of business? Thanks
  13. R

    B - rear axle bearings

    FYI Bearings no longer available at John deere.
  14. R

    looking for fan shaft gears

    Thanks I will give them a call
  15. R

    looking for fan shaft gears

    I have a 44 B I am restoring. Fan shaft - gov gears are worn badly to the point they are sharp on the ends. I ordered a set of used from Dengler weeks ago havent seen them and they dont answer the phone. So, does anyone know who else I could get them from? I have yet to see new aftermarket for...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top