Recent content by Rick Caruthers

  1. R

    Replacing points/condensor on front mount

    OK, this is what I found... after replacing the coil it still would shut down after a while. I found the ignition switch was bad... replaced it and everything has been all right since. Thanks for all the replies...
  2. R

    Replacing points/condensor on front mount

    How do most of you do this? Pull the entire unit off as a whole, remove hood, gen and radiator? I just put a new coil on and it will run for about 2 min and shut down with no spark. I want to just replace everything at this point. Thanks for any replies...
  3. R

    49 8n shuts down after bush hogging...

    Thanks Dell(WA) for the quick reply. Yes this sounds exactly like my 8N. I will order one after this post from this great site. Thanks again.....
  4. R

    48 8n

    Old is right on time. I neglected a water pump just for a short while and while using the tractor one day the fan lost a blade and it went right into the radiator. Then I had to buy the water pump, fan, radiator and a new belt. Don't neglect the water pump as it is not much trouble to replace...
  5. R

    49 8n shuts down after bush hogging...

    It does it every year after about an hour of bush hogging. Just dies with no warning. Will not start again until cool. Luckely today I made it to the shed after hogging one field. A guy at work said may be gas line vapor lock from the heat and to put clothes pins on line to dissapate the...
  6. R

    Got the clutch freed, now a ? about generator...

    Thanks Mad Farmer for the reply. I tried this already with no success...
  7. R

    Got the clutch freed, now a ? about generator...

    Thanks for all the replies on my stuck clutch. She freed up on her own, just blocked the petal as some recommended. Thanks!! My 6v generator is a little noisey and I was wondering if anyone out there rebuilds them? Thanks for any replies... I really enjoy this site...
  8. R

    clutch won't disengage

    Thanks for the reply... I had the starter off a few weeks ago to replace the solinoid and yes the starter came apart, brushes and all. Took me a while to get it back together. This was definately a learning experience. Thanks to all for the replies and helpful info...
  9. R

    clutch won't disengage

    Woops!!! Thats PB Blaster and it works very well on rusted/seized parts...
  10. R

    clutch won't disengage

    When I adjusted the clutch, I could have sworn this adjustment hadn't been moved since 1949. But with a little patience and some JB Blaster, I was able to move the buckle 1.5 rounds. If pulling the trumpet is going to be anything like this, I think I'll leave it up to someone else to do the job...
  11. R

    clutch won't disengage

    Brake cleaner. I got it and thanks, there is a differance...
  12. R

    clutch won't disengage

    Sorry for the double post, computer stopped responding for some reason...
  13. R

    clutch won't disengage

    The hyd fluid has been leaking from the left lift arm. The level is low at this time. I just read a post about removing the starter and spraying brake fluid in and around flywheel. I guess letting the fluid get low would cause things to seize up. I am going to fill up the gearbox with hyd fluid...
  14. R

    clutch won't disengage

    The hyd fluid has been leaking from the left lift arm. The level is low at this time. I just read a post about removing the starter and spraying brake fluid in and around flywheel. I guess letting the fluid get low would cause things to seize up. I am going to fill up the gearbox with hyd fluid...
  15. R

    clutch won't disengage

    My hydrolic fluid has been leaking and now the clutch won't disengage. Does the hydrolic fluid have anything to do with the clutch? I adjusted the clutch last weekend and was able to use the tractor but today the clutch is not disengaging and won't let me put it in gear. I have a 1949 8N. Thanks...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top