Recent content by scpurgatory

  1. S

    Unsafe

    I'm feeling the crunch too but I don't think you can pin this on a single administration....they've all stunk since Reagan....I don't believe that our founding fathers intended things to work this way; I don't believe that we were intended to be on call 24 hours a day including Sundays (remember...
  2. S

    Unsafe

    quote "This isn't political" yet the opening line was "Under this adminstration" what the???
  3. S

    Unsafe

    but under the last administration it was Ok to do pot as long as you didn't inhale and run around on your wife as long as you thought it was OK...pick your poison....or buy a ticket out on one of those unsafe airlines...
  4. S

    Mower for big yard

    I wish..a little too much turnin in my yard...I'd cut the yard up unless I used turf tires.....
  5. S

    Mower for big yard

    it's not that I have 10K on my hip...just figuring that's what it's gonna cost me to move to the next level....I'd love to get out of this for 5K
  6. S

    Mower for big yard

    WOW...thanks for the input...the other variable is durability...I bought a JD L130 4 years ago and for the last 2 years I've been patching holes in the deck....again, I'm cutting grass about every 5 days for 4+ hours...which is hard on the equipment and my butt....guess that's my debate...buy...
  7. S

    Mower for big yard

    the piece of dirt that I carved out for my yard is close to 3 acres (stupid I know) and I'm looking to reduce the seat time for cutting grass. I thought about putting turf tires on my old Ford and using a finish mower, but I really need it to take care of the rest of the place and I'd lose...
  8. S

    640 bent PTO

    just a warning....watch out for crap that is in your way when you pull the shaft...my tractor has a 2" ball attached for pulling my trailer...when I yanked my PTO shaft after a mishap with the bush hog and an "invisible" tree stump...my thumb wound up between the end of the shaft and the...
  9. S

    600 series?

    There is nothing under the model number....maybe it's just been painted over and over...I have no idea what she when through before I bought her....I'll try to remove some paint without gouging to see if there is a number....just to verify first though...the block BEHIND the starter right?? Thanks
  10. S

    600 series?

    I always thought she was a 601...however, during my recent break & fix routine that took 6 months...I see the numbers 641 behind the starter...no other numbers that would represent a serial number..would it be stamped somewhere else?
  11. S

    I Screwed Up - I Guess

    You were right Paul....nothing like getting frustrated and forgetting the simple stuff....I started this mess AFTER I'd taken the front tire off in order to replace the tube...mounted the wheel and hit then used a 2x4 to line it all back up again....kinda scared of the big hammer route but this...
  12. S

    I Screwed Up - I Guess

    You were right Paul....nothing like getting frustrated and forgetting the simple stuff....I started this mess AFTER I'd taken the front tire off in order to replace the tube...mounted the wheel and hit then used a 2x4 to line it all back up again....kinda scared of the big hammer route but this...
  13. S

    I Screwed Up - I Guess

    I was working on the front suspension....tried to remove the wheel hub assembly from the tie rod and it bound up halfway down....it's stuck and not moving up or down now....suggestions please.....I either need to get it all of the way out or back to the beginning....thanks
  14. S

    Slow hydraulics on 600

    I have the same issue...I've had my 600 for about 12 years...summer vs winter is obvious on how the hydraulics work....WHEN it was running I would basically let it run for 30 minutes before I really needed the lifts to work....just had to get warmed up is what I was always told....just got the...
  15. S

    ford 640 running weird

    just to confirm what "old" said....buddy of mine fought and fought a balky tractor...found a dadgum cigarette butte in the gas tank...guess it block the line every now and then...who would have thunk of that one...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top