I Screwed Up - I Guess

I was working on the front suspension....tried to remove the wheel hub assembly from the tie rod and it bound up halfway down....it's stuck and not moving up or down now....suggestions please.....I either need to get it all of the way out or back to the beginning....thanks
 
please post what you have tried and maybe someone can tell you what they have encountered. also would be nice to know what tractor you are working on.
larry cook
 
Didn't think a tie rod was that big.however if it's the spindle from the axle,push it back in and get to the point where it was when operating,you may have moved it and it's now on new surfaces.
You don't give any info..
 
It's always frustrating to have things look worse than when you started, doesn't it?

A person gets frustrated, and forgets things - like telling others what the heck you are working on? :)

And really just where you are stuck....

Generally sounds like the cure will be a bigger hammer, but not so big as to actually break anything. that is often a difficult thing to determine, and will lead to another message about looking at freshly broken metal, and where to find salvage parts....

Good luck, let us know what you're doing.

--->Paul
 
You were right Paul....nothing like getting frustrated and forgetting the simple stuff....I started this mess AFTER I'd taken the front tire off in order to replace the tube...mounted the wheel and hit then used a 2x4 to line it all back up again....kinda scared of the big hammer route but this stuff is built to take a whippin'....I've basically been without my tractor for a year, but she's running now...started at 7am this morning and crawled off at 5:30 pm....my butt is sore but it was fun...
 
You were right Paul....nothing like getting frustrated and forgetting the simple stuff....I started this mess AFTER I'd taken the front tire off in order to replace the tube...mounted the wheel and hit then used a 2x4 to line it all back up again....kinda scared of the big hammer route but this stuff is built to take a whippin'....I've basically been without my tractor for a year, but she's running now...started at 7am this morning and crawled off at 5:30 pm....my butt is sore but it was fun...
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top