Recent content by Steve MI

  1. S

    ford naa choke linkage

    Alligator clip or couple of clothespins under the pull will hold it and let you walk away till it warms up
  2. S

    2N Oil Problems

    Are you sure this is oil fouling? Saw an air filter that the internal diameter of the intake shrunk to the size of a nickle coin due to dust buildup. Governor constantly hunted trying to keep it running.. Wrong oil weight in filter cup or too much can cause it to be sucked into engine...
  3. S

    2N Oil Problems

    Tried cleaning the filter in the oil fill cap? Clogged crankcase breather builds internal pressure causes leaks and blowby possibly. If it feels heavy it needs cleaning.
  4. S

    Crossed generator wires

    Generator wires were crossed. Traced and disconnected everything was bright and put it together. Ran a few tests and everything seems ok now. Discharged battery by running lights for a time as it read a high charge to begin with. Ammeter wires may have been a bit loose. Might have been...
  5. S

    Crossed generator wires

    Thanks
  6. S

    Crossed generator wires

    Looking at 51 8N sidemount with original 6 Volt Positive ground system. High ammeter reading at high RPM. May not know full details and tractor not close. The generator wires A and F were switched. Did this kill the regulator? Read the manual page 51 on field grounded in generator but would like...
  7. S

    Proof Meter

    Looking at what I wrote needs fixing. Was saying that the 1580 is about three quarters of 2200 top RPM and still just guessing.
  8. S

    Proof Meter

    Making me think and hope someone would answer this and looking in specs in the manual gives a chart for gear choice and reduction and speed for plowing or cultivating and a footnote that 1500 is recommended for power take off tools and 1750 revs when power takeoff tools are not used. I have...
  9. S

    Proof Meter

    Same here..was looking thru oil recommendation in a 1940..and 1943 and the 1950 manuals and all have differant viscosity and temperature charts.
  10. S

    Proof Meter

    Took this from the 1950 copyright version of the operators manual for the 52 side mount 8N.
  11. S

    Proof Meter

    One hour on hourmeter represents one clock hour of tractor operation at 1580 revs per minute. Revs below 1580 will accumulate hourmeter hours slower than clock hours. In excess of 1580 registers faster than clock hours
  12. S

    Do I need an over-running clutch with a 4ft mower?

    Just my guess but I saw a cracked cam gear that I think resulted from lack of ORC. Hitting something hard slows down everything inside really fast.
  13. S

    Metric Pipe Threads

    In easier terms does this make it about 26 microns to a thousandth? Deal in microns but so completely that never think of thousandths anymore . Retrained to well
  14. S

    Cold Weather Tip

    I won't sit in a muffler repair shop when I can see a kid cutting and welding next to the tank from fifty feet away. Hope everyone realizes when I said I hesitate to suggest a torch as I don't know if you have a gas leak that this is SATIRE meaning don't do something stupid.
  15. S

    Cold Weather Tip

    good to see all these tips. duey has the better way to heat it up quick and safe in an emergency situation. Mine normally starts but I read about a lot of flooded plugs and low batteries. Vaporizing the fuel on an updraft carb will keep you from fooling with plugs even warming the air...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top