Recent content by Super99GM

  1. S

    Vicon cm 240 disc mower

    Check for cracks in the cutterbar near the gear box. I've replaced a complete cutterbar on one. I've seen people try to weld them, but it never holds long. Do not drive over rough ground with the cutterbar raised parallel to the ground. Run on the ground or straight up in transport position.
  2. S

    2600 PS pump

    There is a small oring on the elbow fitting. This fitting is the pressure output. Be sure to replace the oring before you mount the pump on the tractor. On most there is a clearance issue turning the elbow with the pump mounted.
  3. S

    MF 35 Utility

    I removed the cover and found one of the two levers on the wrong side of the roller. Looks like a silicone slapper has been working on it. I did get the nut on the rear spring out after heating and cooling several times. The rubber boot had been missing for some time and the spring area was...
  4. S

    MF 35 Utility

    Working on the lift on a 35 Utility. Lift will not raise high enough. I read the adjustment procedure in the I&T Manual. I can't seem to get the rear master spring retaining nut to move. It has a lot of slack in the spring. Is this critical and are there any tricks to get the nut loose...
  5. S

    800 Series Diesel Injector pump problem

    Those engines tend to smoke a lot especially when cold. Make sure you have a good engine thermostat. I'd convert to vertical exhaust. Fuel in the crankcase oil can be the pump shaft seals that are easy to replace. Another common problem is the fuel return line under the valve cover. The line...
  6. S

    140 Year Model

    The engine numbers are: 123CT2U136731. Please advise if the year model can be determined from this.
  7. S

    140 Year Model

    Working on a 140 with no serial number tag. The engine number is visible. Is there any way to determine the year from the engine number? I know from checking several the tractor number and engine numbers have a big difference.
  8. S

    Jubilee won't lift...

    I had to replace a broken rear cam gear that drives the pump on a 601 a few weeks ago. If the tachometer is working then your pump is still turning. If not, check to see if the pump is really turning. By all means try the pump bleeding first. A pump rebuild kit may be in order if it loses...
  9. S

    ford 640 hydraulics

    Assuming you have the piston style pump there is a plug on the front of the pump that can be removed to bleed the system. If the plug cannot be removed try a little air pressure applied at the hydraulic dipstick tube.
  10. S

    Jubilee oil filter

    The head gasket is what I was hoping too. The Detroits are great when you want to make a little noise, but as I get older I appreciate the quiet purr of my 8N.
  11. S

    Jubilee oil filter

    Thanks for the help. It has the nut retained rear axle hubs like the 8N (both are loose). Several things point to a possible rough life. The clutch pedal is bent and the left foot board has been replaced with what looks like a 01 series style foot board. The hydraulic tubes are nearly...
  12. S

    Jubilee oil filter

    Bought what appears to be a Jubilee this week with a weak engine. Noticed that it has spin on oil filter with no adapter. I guess I thought it should have the cartridge filter or the adapter. Is this a replacement block. Block casting number is C0NN1650G if I remember correctly.
  13. S

    1963 Ford 2000 diesel timing

    Those engines require a minimum cranking speed to start properly. Make sure you have a good battery and cables with clean connections. I also ran into one that had a six volt starter from a gas engine. It was really hard to start. The proper starter has four field coils instead of the two...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top