Recent content by tomturkey

  1. T

    remote flywheel turner

    Thanks guys, I am gonna continue to think on this subject. I don't make very many small squares, but it driving me bonkers that this baler will clink along for a bit then every third or fourth something is wrong, usually knot hung on the bilhook or two on there. It seems to be a matter of man...
  2. T

    remote flywheel turner

    Oh yeah and after every push of the fly wheel, I hear, ARE WE DONE YET!!!. So yes I have employed the push a little check..push a bit more check and so on and so on. gobble
  3. T

    remote flywheel turner

    Has anyone seen or invented a way to turn the flywheel on a square hay baler remotely. Like say an electric motor belted up to the flywheel so a one man operation could check all the functions of his baler tieing sequence. Maybe a starter motor with momentary switch?? When your a one man band...
  4. T

    Case 400 Brake Guidance

    if the brakes are not oil soaked the balls and mechanism is probably rusted from water incursion. Remove cover take pictures look at the manual check for seal leakage and start the removal clean-up and replacement. Learn by doing, how most of us got our experience. gobble
  5. T

    Case 530 stuck in a few gears.

    my VAC got stuck one time and I bumped the shifter with a 3lb hammer a few times and it poped loose from where it had been stuck. I bought an international 300 utility that had sat for an extended period of time, I had to use the same hammer to get that shifter to move. I am not suggesting...
  6. T

    Priming a 830 CK diesel.

    sometimes functional is all you need or want. spending days, weeks months fixing a problem usually does not work for any ones schedule.. Maybe you can fix it "RIGHT" another day. gobble
  7. T

    New Avery update

    Mine still has the manual lift arm for the implements, plow and cultivator. But other than that yes they could be twins
  8. T

    New Avery update

    My BF Avery model V had sat for nearly thirty years but inside, so no water and rust inside like yours. I removed the pistons cleaned everything up honed the cylinders new rings, removed all the sticky valves cleaned them and the guides and relapped all the valves, runs very good took it in a...
  9. T

    fuel pump replacement help

    the old farm wood getter truck finally quit on me. Fuel pump, well the tank had been leaking a little bit so I replaced tank and fuel pump, or should say I am replacing, the fuel pump comes with a non oem replacement connection. Problem is the wire colors are not the same from the old pump wire...
  10. T

    Look what followed me home for this winters snow removal fun

    Is'nt snow a four letter word in August. lol Yeah, we know its coming but I'd rather not think about it today. Anything you can do to eliminate the shovel is a good thing, and a cab is a wonderful bonus. gobble
  11. T

    New winter project 1370

    way out my skill range, glad you can put it back to work, nice looking Case
  12. T

    Case 400 Fuel Pressure

    well I'm not much a mechanic, most of what I have learned was from this site and you tube tutorials. But I'll take a stab at a couple of your question. Ofcourse I could be wrong so don't rip on me for trying to be helpful. Smoke on start-up---diesel engine relies on combustion chamber pressure...
  13. T

    Case 400 Fuel Pressure

    Dieseltech a regular on this site is my goto guy about my 56 400 Diesel. gobble
  14. T

    Farmall H Battery

    make sure the ground connection on the frame is clean and solid. next take a jumper wire and jump the two posts of the starter button, switch could of went bad, starter will react with the jumper. next loosen the starter bolts enough to wiggle waggle the starter motor then tighten all back up...
  15. T

    More scraper pics

    I have never operated a scraper, but as an on site construction inspector, I marvel at the operators who know by feel how far to lower the cutting edge. I have seen the results of someone getting the feel for it as the cut soil looked like a washboard, or a jagged saw blade. Amazing what even a...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top