Recent content by U.P.John

  1. A

    Newer caseih hood material

    Ok guys I have a puma 200 hood. I have a crack in the hood. I'm just wondering what kind of material caseih is making the hoods out of. They don't seem like fiberglass to me. Thanks for the info.
  2. U

    ot oil to nat. gas pics

    Did they tell you what efficiency you can expect with an oil to gas conversion? I'm just curious. I deliver propane, and I know the old conversions were only about 50% efficient compared to the new gas furnaces which are usually 95% efficient...
  3. U

    hand gun help

    They do have a good warranty, and they did replace the firing pin. HOWEVER....I only make $25 profit on a low end gun, and the customer comes to ME to send it back to the factory. I can't do the repairs myself because I am not a certified Hi-point armorer, it would void the warranty. I don't...
  4. U

    hand gun help

    As a gunsmith for the last 15 years, I would suggest a short barelled shotgun, If you have your heart set on a handgun, get a revolver!! Something like a Taurus, or ruger .357 mag. That way you can practice with .38 specials. If you seriously want a semi-auto, please stay away from the cheaper...
  5. U

    mccormick deering 10-20 1929

    Mags are pretty hard to find!! My buddy and I bought a '27 10-20 recently pretty rough shape, but it does run. The mag is solid brass!!! We found alot of parts at the "Fordson House" in Escanaba michigan...
  6. U

    Case SC vs. Farmall H

    The guy who worked on my baler told me that they did that when he was a kid, and the SC pulled the H across concrete with the H's wheels spinning. I'm not sure if I believe him because his parents owned a case dealership, and he's a huge case fan...Thanks for the reply's guys, I was just...
  7. U

    Case SC vs. Farmall H

    I was always curious, has anyone ever hooked up a case Sc back to back with a farmall H? who would pull who? Same thing with the Case DC and Farmall M. Nothing modified, just stock straight out of the field.....
  8. U

    Skunk in trap.

    I use a syringe attatched to a 6 foot pole. Fill the syringe with rubbing alchohol and inject the skunk. They pass out first, and die of alchohol poisoning in just minutes...Haven't been sprayed yet!!
  9. U

    ot movie quotes

    "Shitters Full"!! From randy quaid in national lampoons christmas vacation, as he is emptying the holding tank on his RV...
  10. U

    Chrome strips for VC

    Are those chrome strips that hard to find? I've got them one of my old SC's..it's not restored, I just use it to run my buzz saw rig. How much are they worth? I would consider selling for the right price. but they seem kind of fragile, I wouldn't want them damaged in shipping.
  11. U

    Maintenance......Why bother????

    I know exactly how you feel!! The knotter brake on the baler slipped last year and broke both the needles. Found a used set of needles and got the baler working good again. Baled the first 20 or so bales and it skipped one, baled 3 more and skipped. To make a long story short, I borrowed the...
  12. U

    SC - Early vs Late differences

    the serial number should also be stamped where the engine mounts to the tranny on the left side (sitting on the tractor). There were alot of changes made over the years. I have a '45, and a '50. They have different seats, tool box location, hand starter cranks, lift mechanisms...
  13. U

    Maximizing Garden Yields

    My Dad plants his lettuce, beans, and radishes in 6 foot rows at a time. every 2 weeks for about 6 weeks starting around memorial day. If you plant it all at once, everything is ready to pick at the same time, and if you don't pick it all, it goes to seed... This way, he has always got fresh...
  14. U

    What do you do for a living?

    I went to college for gunsmithing, but realized if I wanted to make a living at that I would have to move to the city. So I drive a propane bob-tail truck, and work on guns on the side, plus raise a few beef cows...
  15. U

    10-20 pulling tractor?

    We've got an old mcCormick Deering 10-20 in pretty rough shape. The fenders are full of bullet holes, and it's been abused. We did get it running, and were thinking of making a pulling tractor out of it because it's got such a long stroke. What are some things we could do to get a little more...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top