1066 Drawbar Pin

Anonymous-0

The pin up front held in by 1/4 lock plate and 1/2"bolt. I was trying to remove that pin to shift the drawbar forward. Put a bar in the slot where the 1/4 plate was and tried to pry the pin out and it wouldn't budge. Also tried tapping it up a little and it wouldn't move. I'm guessing only way to get that pin free is to take off the casting/hitch as a unit and drive that pin out from the top. I'm assuming it is not a blind hole in that casting on top side. Anybody BTDT?

Before taking the casting off, I'd shoot plenty of penetrating oil on the pin. ours has a couple of ridges worn in the pin--which makes it hard to drop out sometimes. All you need to do is pull a gravity wagon on the highway for a mile--the pin will drop out & the wagon will be in the ditch. Seriously--bump the drawbar with a 3 pound hammer to see if the vibration will loosen it up.

I wacked on the drawbar up front by the pin but not on the back. I'll try it tonight. Got to thinking that the bolts holding that casting up front might not be blind holes to the rearend. Guess that will be obvious when I take one out and HyTran comes a runnin. Surely Not!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back