1070 transmission

Our Phone System is Down!

Please use the Contact us Form

We are working to resolve the issue ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

dieselbob

There is a 1070 coming up at auction, it says it doesnt move in second gear this is a power shift tractor. What are the possible causes for this issue

What C-collector is saying is which 2nd gear? The Powershift transmission has 4 ranges 1-4 you clutch to select these. Then in each range you have 3 forward power shifts and one reverse. It is very unlikely that the range transmission has only 2nd gear out because you move a double gear with the shifter when shifting into 2nd.
The double gear has a larger 37 tooth gear which is range 4 and a smaller 21 tooth gear that is 2nd. So for it to not work in 2nd range the shifter would have to allow it to slide to the 4th range position and not be able to slide the gear the opposite way to engage the 2nd range. Or one of the pair of gears that mesh in 2nd has to be broke or have its teeth completely stripped. In the linked diagram number 16 is the gear I am talking about. Either could happen but fairly unlikely.
C-collectors first reaction is the more likely problem that the 2nd speed powershift is not working. This would mean a clutch pack is worn out, or its apply piston seals are leaking bad enough that it will not apply or the powershift hydraulic valving circuits (valve body spools) are not sending the proper flow or pressure to the pack to apply it. The problem can only be farther diagnosed by performing the pressure checks as instructed in the repair manual.
CNHI Case 1070 online parts catalog

No authority on this but learning fast, so here is what I have learned in the last week. Although they are not identical, but very similar, I am having the same issues on a 2090 Case PS. No 2nd or 3rd PS. Some causes can be the C3 & C2 valve spools sticking or have contaminates in them with C3 being common for both. There are 1/8 pipe plugs in the power shift valve for each valve and are well marked in which a gauge is installed for a pressure checking. On this one after removing the valves C2 & C3 and cleaning them C3 only has about 10psi (around 240 required) so I am told it could be a gasket leaking oil in the valve or it is in the clutch pack. In Minnesota, I have a dealer price of $5k plus parts to split it and repair. Once the hydraulic valve is removed, I was told that by using air in the housing shift ports, they can tell if the seals are leaking as you can hear the clutch packs engage or air bypassing prior to the splitting of the tractor. As for parts cost, who knows where this could lead to, but with things the way they are i would budget another $5k.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back