1175 blower motor. ASAP help

Slammedsi

In a pickle here. Had a local tractor repair man redo the ac on my case 1175. Got the tractor back and it worked great. Had my 70 year old father on it and the lower radiator hose ruptured and sprayed the entire motor with coolent. It was shut down and the ac turned off. Fast forward to 3 days later I went to the field to install new hoses and coolent, fired the tractor up and turned on the ac. Now the blower motor will not come on. No noise, no rattle, no nothing. I checked the row of glass fuses behind ac switch panel, looked for loose wires etc. I’m at a loss. Can anyone give me some advise on what to look into? How would it be working one day when you turn off the tractor but not a few days later? My 70 year old father wants to finish plowing but it’s been 105-108 here and I do not like him running a tractor in this heat without ac.

you say you checked the fuses,, did you use a test light or meter to test to see if they were making contact and have power at both sides of the fuse and the metal tab they hook into? seen many times they are just not making contact,, does your wiper have power still? how about the a/c clutch does it click in if you turn the blower on with the temp switch on as well? this can be done with out engine running,, if you have a clutch kick in you may have a loose wire/connection on the blower switch,, I have seen blower motors quit all at once but they normally give some warning,,
cnt

I used a test light to check power from one side of the fuse to the other and there was power on both sides. My wiper switch has been broken for many years so I’m not sure on that aspect.

pull the control dash and check right at the switches blower should have power to its batt post all the time you may have a loose connection there causing it also

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back