Just a quick question, since we're talking about engines and mpgs and stuff.
Yesterday we went to the sale in Pocahontas and we were watching a little pickup sell. Nissan truck, wouldn't start - either dead battery or brake or neutral safety switch malfunction. Anyway, the engine said it had 12 valves. I was a 4 banger engine, so I'm confused. 2 valves are good for intake and exhaust. What's the third valve for?
(I could see the use of a third valve in the new engines that can shut down half the cylinders for better fuel economy-but on a 4cyl?) Most everything I've worked on says either Case, IH, or GM on it though. This has to be a weird Nissan gimmick.
Yesterday we went to the sale in Pocahontas and we were watching a little pickup sell. Nissan truck, wouldn't start - either dead battery or brake or neutral safety switch malfunction. Anyway, the engine said it had 12 valves. I was a 4 banger engine, so I'm confused. 2 valves are good for intake and exhaust. What's the third valve for?
(I could see the use of a third valve in the new engines that can shut down half the cylinders for better fuel economy-but on a 4cyl?) Most everything I've worked on says either Case, IH, or GM on it though. This has to be a weird Nissan gimmick.